Ratings for Dr. Michael Gimness

Terrible billing and administrative staff. As other reviewers have mentioned, Dr Gimness seems to be a good doctor but, his administrative section is killing his business. I have had to deal with more problems from them than the medical problems I was going to be treated for. I've come to find that when ever you are told you can't speak to someone directly and you have to leave a message and they will call you back, is a big warning sign to "Run for the exit!". This is the case here. I also agree with the commenter about very long wait times. Several times I have taken naps in the examining room waiting for the Dr to see me.

Submitted July 27, 2016

Good doctor. Shady, dishonest, horribly rude, disorganized and ungrateful staff! Maybe they don't realize patients are the reason they have a job! Very long wait time to see his or his nurse practitioner, any where from 2 hours to 5, however if you aren't 15 minutes early it's an issue! If you are on time or a minute late they will reschedule your appointment, put you as a no show and charge $100 that you must pay before you can come back. They've lost several of my appointments, I came in with the card they had filled up and the confirmation voicemail saved on my phone, yet some how my appointment was not on the books! Nevermind the thyroid medication or any other I wold run out of before they could fit me in again, that's not their problem because nothing is ever their fault or responsibility! Also have issues with double billing, especially if they can get your cash up front and then bill the insurance! I really think he needs to look into what his staff is doing while he's triple booked every 20 minutes.

Submitted August 17, 2015

Very happy I found Dr Gimness!! I have many health problems and he works with me on all of them. Always nice and caring and always has time for me. I like him so much my daughter now sees him!! It is really so nice to have a Dr believe me and not think it is all "in my head". So glad we found him! He' a keeper!!

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

Dr. Gimness is a true gem. The wait times can be not great but it's all worth it for the real care Dr. Gimness shows his patients.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Dr. Gimness was very nice and considerate. I would highly recommend him as a physician. His staff however is not of the same caliber. They seemed very busy, over-worked, and not coordinated in relating to myself and my wife. Everyone was polite, but did not seem to have a good grasp on what they were doing at any one time.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014