Ratings for Dr. Nasir J. Awan

Dr. Awan was extremely punctual at all of my visits and took the time at each one to listen to what I had to say. He answered all my questions with obvious knowledge and took those times as opportunities to teach me. He is passionate about empowering patients through patient education. He also chooses to try the least invasive treatments first if he thinks they may have a chance in improving the patient's status instead of jumping immediately into pharmaceutical treatment which so many doctors do. He always communicates his plan of care to you, the reason why he chooses one treatment over another, and pertinent drug information if he places you on a new prescription. I also thoroughly enjoyed his staff. Overall I had an amazing experience!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Dr. Awan has been my husband's pulmonologist since he was in the hospital. We were both very impressed with his knowledge and has a wonderful bedside manner. My husband has continued to see him since he went through the sleep study. He actually looks forward to his visits with Dr. Awan!!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Very polite yet upfront. He doesn't beat around the bush but offers reassurance you will be OK if you follow his direction. He doesn't hide anything from you or hold back. His goal is to make sure you have a complete understanding of your diagnosis and prognosis. He's very cordial and encouraging.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016

Dr. Awan does treat his patients like he would like to be treated. I could hardly believe how wonderful he is. Very professional in a very personable, friendly way. All doctors should use Dr. Awan as an example when treating their patients.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2016

Been on bi-pap for 5 years (in Michigan) for central sleep apnea. Dr. Awan was the only doctor able to get my hourly episodes from an average of 20 to less than 1. No more headaches when I awake in the morning. Everybody needs a HERO! I got one.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr. Awan treats his patients as he would like to be treated, he is therefore respectful of the patients concerns and his manner makes him approachable, creating a relationship where one is not hesitant about sharing any and all concerns. He is non judgmental, simply shares the facts and appropriate medical advice. He gives the care needed without ordering unnecessary tests or procedures.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

Words can not describe Aswan, he is unreal do they make doctors like this anymore? When he came into the room it was like we knew each other for years very knowledgeable. Dr awan you have my business. Thanks again for caring for me while I was in the hospital. You r the man. Don't forget sturgis.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

The staff and Dr. Awan were amazing. I felt like their most important patient while I was there. Dr Awan was so considerate and what I consider to have the best "bedside" manner of any Dr. I have ever known He was kind, thorough and made sure I had no questions.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

Dr. Awan is A-1 he is pleasant, knowledgeable and concerned.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

It's hard to find a good doctor that really cares about the people they treat and Dr.Awan does.I thank god for him and his staff they all need a pat on the back.I wish we had more doctors like him :-)

flag | Submitted June 18, 2014