Ratings for Dr. Clifford D. Mah

Very pleasant and welcoming staff. Dr. Mah is a wonderful doctor with a friendly demeanor. He is a podiatrist first and surgeon second. Meaning: he will not recommend surgery unless there is a definite need for it. He put my mind at ease, treated me and advised me when I should get in touch again should conditions change. We need many more doctors like him who are consientious about their treatments, making sure they are in the best interest of the patient.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

This was my first visit and was promised a 45 minute evaluation since I had three foot problems (nail, plantar fasciitis, ankle sprain). The doctor entered the room and right away wanted to sell me some expensive insoles right away. I told him that I already have some of these and they did not work but I can show him what I’m wearing right now… Right away he declined to even see my insoles and moved on to the toenail problem. There was no information offered about stretching or physical therapy. Then he said he could operate on the toenail right now. I answered that I can not be incapacitated today and also have concerns about the surgery and possible nerve damage. He said: “Nothing should happen”… Then he got up from his chair. Before he had a chance to leave the room I asked about my foot sprain and he told me that is all he has time for since another patient is waiting. How could that be, he just wanted to do surgery “right now”. He left the room less than 15 minutes after entering. I remember thinking “I guess I did not play along by making him a quick $$$$ and just got dumped”. Dr. Mah is a very un-caring individual in my experience. His report just made references to the statement I had given to his assistant on check-in. My new Podiatrist spend over one hour with me and provided plenty of advice and clarification, what a difference. Dr. Mah charged my Insurance the same amount for 15 minutes as my new Podiatrist for over 60 minutes. After telling my regular doctor (a clinic with seven doctors) about my experience with Dr. Mah, he said that he would give no comment but remove Dr. Mah from their referral list because he does not want his patients to (quote) ‘go there’. I can not recommend this doctor, very disappointing visit.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2016

One of the rudest and un-caring Dr.'s I have ever been to...another Dr. Thought that the lack of care had to do with the fact that I am a retired person (over 65) on State Aid...if I was young and had money would I have gotten better care?

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

I would recommend Dr. Mah. He performed a bunion surgery for me. He performs so many such surgeries that he is an expert. My foot healed well and the staff was helpful and accommodating. He has a pleasant bedside manner to boot.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

I myself would not reccomennd this Doctor,,he acts like he knows alot, but has not a clue, about infection and curing them,,, just gives you what he thinks will be the cure,,, and most usually its not, have been dealing with him for monthes now,, and I am about through,, nice man, but not enough experience,,

flag | Submitted October 9, 2012

I liked this doctor. He seemed very knowledgeable and confident about his skills. I was referred to him by another podiatrist for an achilles tendon reattach. I know two other people who used this doctor, one for extensive repairs of the foot, and they both thought his surgical skills were tops. I prefer a doctor who tells it like it is and Mah was straightforward.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2012

More concerned with micromanaging staff e.g. scheduling and billing issues and not paying attention to patient. When I had surgery, he ordered medication at hospital that I am allergic to, as just one example of not paying attention to my chart and hospital info of drug allergies.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2012

I think Dr. Mah is a good doctor-I'd recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2010

Dr. Clifford D. Mah's Credentials

• California College Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1995)