Ratings for Dr. Shammi K. Bali

Switching from Dr. Bali as a Primary Care Physician. Does not follow up with issues of concern. Recurrent and frequent UTI's needing Urologist appointment was only granted after my request. Urologist was upset that the lab results from the testing had only been forwarded to their office once. When asked about Urologist appointment, front office staff gave me the phone number to obtain the authorization. Clearly, that was their job to obtain and they simply handed it off. They missed some important date from my husband, so I would clearly not recommend him or his staff.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Dr. Bali now has me seeing his P.A., which is all right with me. When I saw him, he was very thorough. He is also personable and has a good sense of humor. My previous internist, who was Chief of Staff of a Gainesville Hospital (now retired),was not superior to Dr. Bali.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2010

I was recommended to DR Bali by a very prominent Pulmonary Physician in my area. He is very patient, kind and understanding. DR Bali is always available when I need him. When I read the comments from a gentleman who was displeased with his initial visit with DR Bali, I was really baffled what was the patients attitude towards the doctor? As a patient you must also treat the physician with respect. Please don't feature this gentleman's comments about DR Bali, people will get the wrong impression about this lovely man. He will be there for you when you need him. Yes I am a patient of DR Bali's, Mrs. Suzanne Bridge

flag | Submitted October 11, 2009

Dr. Bali is extremely thorough. When I failed to get my blood pressure medicine filled he called me and told me to get it filled - Never had a doctor take that much interest in me.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2009

Extremely arrogant, dismissive, and supercilious attitude. Needing a primary physician in a hurry I scheduled an appointment with him because he was the first doctor I could find "accepting patients" in the area. Once I experienced his manner and attitude towards patients, it became clear why. He begins by condescending and treating the patient as if he is a child, and his manner deteriorates from there until, by the time one endures his irritation and shortness in that part of the examination that every middle aged male looks forward to the least, after tucking my shirt back in and rebuckling my belt I essentially walked out of the examining room without speaking to him further, telling the receptionist that she had been misinformed by the doctor; I would NOT be returning for a follow up visit. Most of his patients are older country people who tolerate this treatment. Be prepared for it yourself if you see him.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

willing to listen to his patients schooled at harvard

flag | Submitted September 7, 2008