Ratings for Dr. Rahima Afghan

Doctor Afgan should not be helping people with mental challenges. She is cold as ice and hardly speaks. Zero support. My Doctor left the practice and then they booked me with her. Do not see her if possible!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2017

Very impersonal and rude. She'll just stare at her iPad the whole time and maybe, MAYBE ask you one or two questions. You have to get the words out of her. Do not see her!!!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2017

She did not listen or pay attention to what I said. She could be quite rude.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Having seen several psychiatrists, Dr. Afghan is by far one of the worst I have had the displeasure of seeing. She made NO eye contact throughout my entire appointment as she was focused mostly on her iPad. I understand that a doctor might need to take notes, but learn to work in a glance here and there. Eye contact translates to "I care about what you say." Translation: No eye contact = I don't care. You're working with PEOPLE. People who struggle with mental health issues. It is IMPERATIVE that you show your patients that you value what they say. Hello! It's psychiatry 101!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I've seen quite a lot of psychiatrists and have never complained about one but she is absolutely terrible. I have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder by several other psychiatrists (and the description fits me to a T) but she insisted on only treating/talking to me for bi polar disorder. When I collected my records she hadn't even written BPD down anywhere in my diagnosis. On one occasion I came in and expressed that I had been having suicidal thoughts and she acted annoyed. Yes, you read that correctly - annoyed. I could never speak to her without feeling as if I was being harshly judged for my thoughts and depressed behavior. She seriously will make you worse.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

I waited over a month to get my mother, a diagnosed schizophrenic, an appointment. I drove in from LA, 2 hours each way, I called to say we would be late and the person on the phone said, "Oh the Dr. is in Temecula today." I read back the address 25114 Jefferson and she said that was correct. My so I typed that into my navigation and added temecula to the address. I ended up in the wrong place, called them for the correct address. I got there 15 mins late. There was NO waiting patient in the lobby and the Dr. wouldn't see my very sick mother I have traveled far to make this appt for. She said it would make the next appt late, though they were not even there yet. 15 mins late, no one waiting, after a month of us waiting for her. Thanks for the understanding for all of the mentally ill everywhere.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2012

This doctor is an ego maniac and maybe even prejudiced; the latter being a matter of opinion and the former a fact. Go here if you want to walk out 2x as F'ed up as you went in.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2010

Dr. Rahima Afghan's Credentials

• Avicenna State Med Inst Of Kabul, Fac Of Med, Kabul, Afghanistan (Grad. 1981)

Healthnet