Ratings for Dr. Ira Helfand

I have been seeing Dr. Helfand for over 10 years as a secondary Doctor. This is due to the fact that my career demands living in different areas for months, sometimes years, at a time. However, Springfield MA is where my family has its roots, and whenever I am back in town I always make a point to see him. Not only is Dr. Helfand knowledgable and dedicated to the health of his patients, he makes a concious effort to treat each person, not just their problem. He has helped me with issues from Depression to Hernias to Thyroid, and has always made the proper diagnois, even when specialists have failed (I went to a hernia specialist who told me the lump in my upper abdomen was a muscle pull. After 2 months with the same lump, Dr. Helfand examined me and made the diagnosis of a very rare Spieguliarn [sp?] hernia, which required invasive surgery.)Like most Drs offices, the receptionists and nurses can be rude, and you WILL wait to see him, but WELL worth it. HIghly recommended.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

Dr. Ira Helfand's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1977)

AARP