Ratings for Dr. Eric U. Luy

I voiced my concerns with Dr. Luy many times regarding my diabetes condition, especially because my numbers fluctuate tremendously. However, Dr. Luy still sees me once a year and he never follows up on my blood tests. In my experience with him, he is not attentive at all. I was later hospitalized for internal bleeding, yet he was not concerned or followed up with me after I was discharged from the hospital. Dr. Luy seemed to be always busy with other patients. I'm no longer his patient and am pleased with my Aurora doctor now. http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Eric_Luy/reviews#ixzz4AJ01Ocml

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

I chose Dr. Luy to be my 86 year old Mom's Doctor based on research I did. We had a slight bump in the road initially due to a new policy the hospital was implementing in anticipation of a change in narcotics laws. Dr. Luy was able to help us with a work around. He is the doctor I trust more than any other. Here's what I like; he's always punctual and very courteous, he greets my Mother with respect and doesn't talk around her (her hearing problems make this difficult but he takes the time to speak directly to her), when I have a question or have rrad up on something, he ALWAYS knows what I am talking about and when I have it wrong, he is not dismissive of the fact that I read something I don't fully understand. He will not only explain why its not the right course of action, he almost always knows exactly what I am referring to. I read obsessively and have stumped many a doctor (all) though that is not my intent but he is up on everything. He always ends the appointment with time for our questions and he does not rush this piece, giving you a chance to actually recall and ask what you want. He makes sure to address my Mom and me asking each of us about questions. He is thorough, intelligent, knowledgeable and respectful. He is now my husband's doctor too. And, even though my sister lives far from his office she is taking my Mom there frequently and is strongly considering him for her own physician as well. His staff is also helpful and fast to return calls. We had initial run ins but over time I have come to appreciate all of them for the good work and follow through.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Dr. Luy is a true professional. He works well with you on an individual and collaborative level if he needs to work with other professionals for e.g. cancer etc. He explains the procedures in words that you can understand and does not rush through appointments. Appointments are not too long because he explains things and medications in a calm, professional way. He even drew a picture to show me what the heck was going on which was above and beyond what I would have expected. He was able to adjust medications so that I was able to function.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

Dr. Luy took the time to co-ordinate all the medications various doctors had put me on through the years. He helped me get medication from patient assistant programs. He accepts your input to your care. I have multiple medical problems, he can't solve all of them in one visit. He will start with the most important ones and work from there. He doesn't just brush you off to specialists if its a question he can answer. He shows true concern for co-ordinating your helath. You don't walk in say 3 words and leave with a rx. He take time to explain what you have, the medicine he is prescribing, how to take it and what to expect. If you call his office his nurse is back with you within an hour (usually).

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

Dr. Eric U. Luy's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1992)

Carefirst Bcbs