You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Michael D. Randell

I had five large Fibroids removed by Dr. Randell. Yes, he is very talented and gifted with what he does. But.... He does not care about his patients quality of life. He did not offer me other suggestions other than surgery. That was the only option according to him. Since the surgery my quality of life has completely changes. When I tried to talk about my concerns he brushed it off as though it meant nothing. Please do not see this dr.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I have had fibroids for several years but they were small. One day I felt something hard in my pelvic area. I knew it probably was a fibroid that grown. I also knew on whatever procedure I had to get done I wanted someone who was the best at their craft. I researched and was referred to Dr. Randell. After the first visited I was confident he was the doctor. I had a MRI done and I was very surprise on how many fibroids I had and the size of the fibroid I could feel in my pelvic area. I had to make a decision that was best for me. Dr. Randell was able to perform my procedure without an large incision on my stomach. Instead I have 3 small incisions. I am so glad I chose Dr. Randell . His staff was AWESOME. Any questions are concerns I had they handled it accurately. Dr. M. Randell the King of Fibroids

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

Dr. Randell is simply the best gynecologist I've ever met!!!! He made the impossible, very possible! I was referred to Dr. Randell by my previous OBGYN. She had told me that Dr. Randell was the king of fibroids, and that he could perform a minimally invasive surgery on my 2 fibroids; one huge one (18cm)and another small one. Dr. Randell was able to do that 6 weeks ago and also my scars are invisible!!! He's not rude, as I was told, but very funny, and chatty! He's a very confident doctor and he knows his job! I would recommend him to anybody with fibroid problems, especially if you have been told that your uterus can't be saved! Kudos to my favorite doctor!! 😊

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

The accounting department is very suspicious and needs to be under investigation. I have received charges from them that no one in their office is able to explain and they keep tossing me around when I asked for an EOB for the charge.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

A relative recommended Dr. Randell to me. So I requested an appointment online. This is a paraphrase of what I wrote to him. "Nine years ago I had a UFE performed to get rid of fibroids. I was told I would not have to worry about them growing back. Well, that was not true. Not only did they grow back, but they brought friends." I received a call within about five minutes to schedule my initial appointment. I was scared and anxious, but Dr. Randell's confidence in how to handle my problem put all those fears to rest. He said, after the physical examination, that he needed to send me for an MRI. Well, once that was done and we looked at the results, he recommended a total hysterectomy. I felt like I was on some extremely fast-moving roller coaster. Scheduling the surgery was even traumatic for me, but Dr. R's office staff was great in calming me down. They believe in him, so I trusted him. My procedure went so well, I was up and moving a day after a hysterectomy. I still can't believe it. I am so confident in Dr. Randell's expertise that I am flying my daughter up here to have her fibroids removed. The man truly is gifted. Thank you, Dr. Randell. God bless you for all that you do!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

After seeing a Physician who told me I would have to get a total hysterectomy, I was delighted to learn from Dr. Randell that this was NOT necessary. Dr. Randell thoroughly examined me (Pap, Ultrasound, MRI), we then sat in his office and reviewed the MRI. It revealed that I had at least 23 fibroids, not 6 as the first Physician initially told me. Dr. Randell explained that he would need to do an abdominal myomectomy to remove the tumors and assured me again that a hysterectomy would NOT be needed. He came across very confident and experienced so I decided to move forward with the surgery. I just knew I had found the "right" Physician/Surgeon! The surgery went well! During the surgery, Dr. Randell discovered and removed 46 tumors instead of 23, so my surgery was 3 hours instead of 2 as we had initially planned. Unbelievable, I know! I would post a pic but it's pretty gross. Just glad to have those suckers gone! Anyway, I had my follow up appointment today and I hugged him and gave him a high five for changing my life! No more pain, bulges etc...My incision has healed nicely. My stomach is flat, I feel great and I'm ready to get on with the next chapter of my life. Listen, I've heard horror stories from some women who went through with this procedure with other Physicians and I am so thankful to have had Dr. Randell as my Physician/Surgeon. He is amazingly skilled and gifted to do what he does!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

After seeing 3 other surgeons at Northside and being told i needed to have my uterus out, I went to Dr. Randell and was impressed from the very beginning. Everyone in the waiting room raved about him. He met with me and my husband in his office, reviewed my extensive records, did an ultrasound, examined me and then explained I didn't need a hysterectomy. He ordered an MRI at Northside (everyone at Meridian Mark MRI said he's the best) and I followed up with him that day to review my MRI. It showed I had a 14cm fibroid and he confidently told me that he could remove it with a robot. His office was great in getting me scheduled in a week. The day of surgery I was nervous, but one of the nurses at Northside told me I was in great hands. The surgery went as planned and I went home the next day, with my uterus, but not my fibroids! I can't stop praising Dr. Randell for being such a fantastic and caring doctor. He really cares about his patients (and he's funny, too). Five stars all the way.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Dr. Randell is an amazing physician! He is extremely knowledgeable and has great bedside manner and takes the patient'a lifestyle and needs I to consideration when making healthcare decisions.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

I don't recognize the doctor that some of these people are talking about. He is not arrogant and his bedside manners are not horrible. He is a confident doctor with expertise to boot! I want these attributes when I am having a doctor cut on me. He removed my many fibroids when all other doctors ( Mayo Clinic and Duke among others) said that it was impossible. Arrogance you say? I say confidence in his ability and craft! I love this man because he gave me my life back! Dr. B. Jackson

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

For starters, Dr. Randell's bedside manners are horrible and I almost walked away from a scheduled procedure for that reason alone. I think his self confidence is borderline arrogance and his inability to be cordial to patients is overshadowed by expertise and skill set. With that being said, he's one of the best. He removed over 40 fibroids and I'm recovering nicely. That's not to say I didn't have to give his office a peace of my mind. One of the nurses qualified my thoughts of him by saying, "he's rude. You're not the first to feel some type away about his bedside manners. We have a nickname for him, He's the best though!" In closing, he's not fuzzy wuzzy. Give it to him likes he gives it to you. He responds well to that type of exchange. I'm glad I stuck it out. He knows his stuff . Also his staff is rather young and somewhat inefficient. You must stay on them in regards to paperwork.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

Dr. Michael D. Randell's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Oxford

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I had five large Fibroids removed by Dr. Randell. Yes, he is very talented and gifted with what he does. But.... He does not care about his patients quality of ..."

December 1, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have had fibroids for several years but they were small. One day I felt something hard in my pelvic area. I knew it probably was a fibroid that grown. I also ..."

October 17, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Randell is simply the best gynecologist I've ever met!!!! He made the impossible, very possible! I was referred to Dr. Randell by my previous OBGYN. She had..."

October 12, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "The accounting department is very suspicious and needs to be under investigation. I have received charges from them that no one in their office is able to expla..."

August 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A relative recommended Dr. Randell to me. So I requested an appointment online. This is a paraphrase of what I wrote to him. "Nine years ago I had a UFE perf..."

August 17, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "After seeing a Physician who told me I would have to get a total hysterectomy, I was delighted to learn from Dr. Randell that this was NOT necessary. Dr. Rande..."

March 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After seeing 3 other surgeons at Northside and being told i needed to have my uterus out, I went to Dr. Randell and was impressed from the very beginning. Ever..."

January 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Randell is an amazing physician! He is extremely knowledgeable and has great bedside manner and takes the patient'a lifestyle and needs I to consideration w..."

January 8, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I don't recognize the doctor that some of these people are talking about. He is not arrogant and his bedside manners are not horrible. He is a confident docto..."

January 5, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "For starters, Dr. Randell's bedside manners are horrible and I almost walked away from a scheduled procedure for that reason alone. I think his self confidence ..."

January 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This is the rudest doctor I have ever been too! The doctor was not interested in what I had too tell him. He basically cut me off mid sentence and said "just t..."

December 23, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Horrible.. 2 hour waiting time.. I would never go back."

November 10, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "If you are suffering from fibroid related issues, call Dr. Randell's office today! You'll be glad that you did. An ultrasound showed that I had multiple large f..."

October 5, 2014
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I read some negative comments and I agree with them 100%. Dr Randell is rude, arrogant, condescending and very self involved. The wait time is extensive I had t..."

October 4, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am truly thankful for the medical attention I received from Dr. Randall and his staff. Being new to the area, I was truly blessed to find such a meticulous su..."

September 18, 2014