Ratings for Dr. Michael D. Randell

You owe it to yourself to get a second opinion from Dr. Randall. I had a very large fibroid tumor that was attached to the outside of my uterus. My OBGYN told me I would need a hysterectomy and that it would be a c-section or a vertical incision. I contacted Dr. Randall’s office for an appointment. Dr. Randall reviewed all my records. He said I was a candidate for a robotic hysterectomy. I felt really good about his experience and I scheduled the surgery. After surgery, Dr. Randall said the tumor was bigger than he thought and I was a challenging case. He said that no one in the OR thought he could do the procedure robotically. However, he did it successfully and I only had two small incisions on my abdomen. I have had some post-op questions and Dr. Randall called me personally to answer them. My recovery was fast and I was back at work in 2 weeks and 4 days. Dr. Randall is an expert and uses a top quality hospital. I highly recommend this surgeon!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

I was so frustrated. After three years of trying to conceive and doctors scratching their heads at my condition I found Dr. Randell by the grace of God. Every doctor in the Greater Toronto Area told me that if I had my fibroids removed even with an abdominal myomectomy with full incision, my uterus would "be mush" and there was a great chance that I would have a hysterectomy. I even had one doctor tell me I was better off looking for a surrogate to carry my child. I travelled to Atlanta from Toronto, Canada in February knowing that this was my last chance to find someone that could help me. With one glance at my MRI, Dr. Randell assured me that I could have the surgery with the robotic technique. I couldn't believe it! On February 17th, my life changed. I had the surgery to remove five large fibroids and only have three tiny incisions that have healed beautifully. They are barely noticeable. My mother, who travelled to be with me told Dr. Randell that she really wanted to have a grandchild. His response,"Didn't you hear that is a side effect of my surgery? They get pregnant!" Well he told me to wait until May to try to conceive and can you believe in July I was pregnant???! I'm now 5 months pregnant and cannot wait to meet my sweet baby girl! Please, if you are suffering from awful fibroid tumours and you want the best treatment, see Dr. Randell...he knows his stuff. It was costly to travel from Canada to have this surgery done but I would do it all over again. Worth every penny! God bless you Dr. Randell!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I believe Dr Randell is by far one of the best surgeons for Robotic Myomectomy. In September I travelled from England to Atlanta to meet Dr. Randell to obtain treatment for fibroids. I always said to myself that I was looking for a doctor that could genuinely tell me that all is possible. I wanted a confident surgeon with great communication skills and most of all one with courage to do what others say would be too difficult. The moment Dr. Randell looked at my MRI and said “I can do this” I smiled, knowing I had found the right doctor. I was really impressed by Dr. Randell’s professionalism, confidence and ability to assure me that I was with the very best. I had been searching for months for that assurance that no other doctor could give me. I had my surgery a week after my consultation and guess what! All 13 fibroids removed and one cyst on ovary. I know that most Robotic Surgeons would not have been able to remove every fibroid and keep ovary intact. The exceptional aftercare and genuine compassion from Dr.Randell was amazing. I felt like I had a doctor that genuinely cared about my comfort and wellbeing. The staff were efficient scheduling my consultation and surgery. Dr. Randell went above and beyond my expectations. I would absolutely recommend him to any woman who is seeking to have Robotic Myomectomy surgery. Thank you Dr. Randell! I will never ever forget everything you did for me.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

If you are looking for the best Fibroid surgeon Dr Randell is your best bet. I travelled for over 13hrs to the States just to see him and that was the best decision, as I have no regrets. He listens to patient and takes his time to explain everything in details, he definitely made me feel comfortable. I had my surgery exactly 2weeks ago in Atlanta and am already back to my home country Nigeria. If you are looking to get the best and no pain surgery Dr Randel is the one, he is smart, talented and the most skilled in his field. Recovery is very fast with minimal pain. His staff are all well trained. Thank you Dr Randell for my amazing robotic surgery, you truly are the best🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

I love Dr. Randell and his staff. All doctors should be like him. Attentive, honest, compassionate-- best words that describe Dr. Randell. Felt relaxed from the moment I met him. Exudes confidence. Very good sense of humor. All of my fibroids were removed out of three small incisions. It was worth the trip from NY to have him perform my surgery. No one else would. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

This surgeon is amazing. My story is that the gyno I had seen for about 15 years insisted that the fibroid removal would have to be done the "old fashioned" way... More than that, she insisted that she would have to cut vertically and that there was no medical way that the fibroids could be removed robotically. She spent about 3 or 4 minutes with me, wanted me to set up a surgery date and she was off to her next patient or victim as I would call it. It was by Grace that I found Dr. Randall. My first visit with him is what one would expect when needing a serious and delicate procedure such as this. He took his time with me, explained many things to me and made me feel very comfortable and hopeful. The fibroids were large, but this AMAZING surgeon was able to remove them robotically and I was back running and working out in 5 weeks. I had zero pain post surgery and my family was amazed at how quickly I recovered. Because of this exceptional surgeon, my quality of life has improved beyond anything I could ever convey on a review.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

I'm pregnant thanks to Dr. Randell. I have been suffering with huge fibroids for several years. In two years, I've seen 5 obgynes all over Atlanta. They all told me the same thing, "you need a hysterectomy through a large incision." One told me she was going to have to make a vertical incision all the way up! While at the gym I ran into a woman who told me about Dr. Randell. She said he makes miracles happen for women with fibroids. I made an appointment to see him and got in within a week. I noticed immediately that Dr. Randell's office was different (and yes, busy). First of all, he already reviewed my extensive medical records from all of my other doctors before I got there. He sat with me and my husband in his office and showed us examples of other operations he had performed on women like me (he showed us a picture of him holding an 18 pound fibroid he removed!). He then examined me and ordered an MRI. I came back to see him and he spent 35 minutes with me reviewing the MRI and confidently told me that he could remove my fibroids and save my uterus possibly through tiny incisions. I was thrilled. I aslo was thrilled to find out that I had met my deductible (I wasted my money) seeing other doctors who couldn't do the surgery I wanted and Aetna would be paying for almost everything. I only owed $880. Surgery was scheduled in 2 weeks. The 4 hour surgery was a huge success. Dr. Randell removed 6 fibroids weighing 1,367 grams through three tiny incisions. I stayed at Saint Josephs hospital overnight. Everyone there was wonderful. I had very minimal pain. The morning after my surgery Dr. Randell came into my room with a huge smile on his face and with his two thumbs up in the air indicating that the surgery was a success. I was thrilled. He showed me pictures of the fibroids, gave me instructions (I could drive), and told me not to get pregnant for 3 months. I did everything he said. I went back to work in 2 weeks. At 6 weeks he cleared me back to my normal routine. I can hardly see the incisions. My husband and I started trying to get pregnant exactly 3 months after the surgery. Within 5 months I got a positive pregnancy test. OMG!!!! We are sooo happy. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Randell and his staff. They are the best. Dr. Randell is brilliant, talented, compassionate. My only complaint is that Dr. Randell doesn't deliver babies anymore. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Dr. Randell. You are amazing and awesome. I recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2016

Horrible experience, long waits, greed, no beside manners, staff is incomptent and rude, They will charge you excessively my surgery cost overall $70,000.

Submitted July 19, 2016

Dr. Michael Randell is terrible. He is incompassionate to me while pregnant. He's like a robot. Does NOT have a good bedside manner. He's sarcastic. The waiting room was always long (about an hour or more).

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Dr Randell is very knowledgeable but my experience overall with his office and staff was horrible. He does not accept any types if health insurance so you basically pay cash for all services. I had to wait 2 hours just to see him to review my MRI and was charged $150 which was paid upfront before seeing the Dr. The office manager is clueless. Patients are asked to put a credit card on file so they can charge you whenever they feel like it. Patients waited so long at last visit, they started leaving the office. He refused to see one patient when she could not pay an additional $200 for her visit. He is good at what he does but evidently cares nothing for patients only about the money. I suggest finding another OB/gyn who understands and wants to help patients. I am sure there is someone better out there.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Michael D. Randell's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal