Ratings for Dr. Michael D. Randell

He did a great job on my surgery. I had so much confidence in him then he ask me to come into his practice as a regular patient. A month or so passed and I returned to see him for an evaluation. I told him I had decided to be one of his regular patients. He was like a different person, he told me that he would do my examine but he would not become my doctor. He is not the only doctor in this world of ours but he really let me down in a very difficult time in my life. I thought he really cared about his patients but was I fooled.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Glad to have found him. He is a great surgeon who cares about his patients. I am incredibly pleased with the results.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Doctor Randell is seriously a miracle worker!I had an 18cm large, rare and bizarre Dermoid cyst on my left ovary. It was so large that it was pushing my other organs out of the way. Another cyst on my right ovary and a fibroid in my uterus. I went to another OBGYN who told me I would need to be cut open and would never have children. I'm only 25 and I want a big family. (Like 7 kids big) We found doctor Randell and from the very first appointment he was amazing. So confident and knowledgeable. He told me everything I needed to be prepared. The surgery went better than expected! He some how removed an 18cm robotically through my belly button! The surgery was very minimally invasive and it doesn't hurt at all while I'm I recovery. He somehow preserved my ovary and uterus and I still can have that big family that I want! I seriously thank God for Doctor Randell. What he is doing is amazing. The fact that he specializes in this makes it better. Such a heart for women and not at all like other doctors!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Terrible billing practices. I was billed after I cancelled my surgery and requested an itemized bill for the charges and have not received it.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

I’ve been burdened with fibroids for years. I attempted to reduce my fibroids via naturopathic methods, but after switching to a new OB/GYN she told me point black that I needed to have them surgically removed. Based on the size, number, and position of the fibroids I should not attempt to conceive with my fibroids. A friend of a friend recommended Dr. Randell. I spent 1 evening reading reviews and immediately booked a flight from Fort Lauderdale to Atlanta. If I was going to have surgery, it was going to be by the very best. My fertility was at stake. Two weeks later, I was sitting in his office. When I met Dr. Randell I knew he was the one I would trust my life and my womb with. He spent an hour with me reviewing my symptoms, explaining the procedures and answering every single question I had. He advised me to get an MRI to get a more accurate view of my fibroids. I felt completely at ease with him and confident with him. We booked surgery for the following month. When I returned for surgery, Dr. Randell confirmed he would be able to able to remove them robotically upon reviewing my MRI. Mind you, my OB/GYN (who also performs myomectomies) told me that I would only be able to remove them via an abdominal myomectomy. He did give the standard disclaimer that he may need to convert to an abdominal myomectomy or conduct an emergency hysterectomy, but I trusted that he would not need to resort to such measures. But I also trusted that if he did have to resort to such options it’s because there was no other option. My surgery lasted a total of 4 hours. He successfully removed all my fibroids using the DaVinci robot. Dr. Randell came by to visit me the next day to check on me. (This was the 4th surgery I’ve had in my life and I have NEVER had a surgeon visit me after surgery.) He showed me pictures of the fibroids he removed. I was totally grossed out and fascinated at the same time. He removed 6 fibroids, the largest being 14 cm. I took 2 weeks off from work, but I honestly felt like I could’ve returned to work after a week. While having surgery out of state isn’t the most convenient, I would do it again in a heartbeat. I’ve recommended Dr. Randell to everyone I know suffering from fibroids. It’s now been 6 months. My menstrual cycles have been a breeze. They’re so light I don’t even worry about having an accident. In fact, I wore white jeans on day 1 of my cycle last month. Thank you Dr. Randell! You are absolutely gifted.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

You owe it to yourself to get a second opinion from Dr. Randall. I had a very large fibroid tumor that was attached to the outside of my uterus. My OBGYN told me I would need a hysterectomy and that it would be a c-section or a vertical incision. I contacted Dr. Randall’s office for an appointment. Dr. Randall reviewed all my records. He said I was a candidate for a robotic hysterectomy. I felt really good about his experience and I scheduled the surgery. After surgery, Dr. Randall said the tumor was bigger than he thought and I was a challenging case. He said that no one in the OR thought he could do the procedure robotically. However, he did it successfully and I only had two small incisions on my abdomen. I have had some post-op questions and Dr. Randall called me personally to answer them. My recovery was fast and I was back at work in 2 weeks and 4 days. Dr. Randall is an expert and uses a top quality hospital. I highly recommend this surgeon!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

I was so frustrated. After three years of trying to conceive and doctors scratching their heads at my condition I found Dr. Randell by the grace of God. Every doctor in the Greater Toronto Area told me that if I had my fibroids removed even with an abdominal myomectomy with full incision, my uterus would "be mush" and there was a great chance that I would have a hysterectomy. I even had one doctor tell me I was better off looking for a surrogate to carry my child. I travelled to Atlanta from Toronto, Canada in February knowing that this was my last chance to find someone that could help me. With one glance at my MRI, Dr. Randell assured me that I could have the surgery with the robotic technique. I couldn't believe it! On February 17th, my life changed. I had the surgery to remove five large fibroids and only have three tiny incisions that have healed beautifully. They are barely noticeable. My mother, who travelled to be with me told Dr. Randell that she really wanted to have a grandchild. His response,"Didn't you hear that is a side effect of my surgery? They get pregnant!" Well he told me to wait until May to try to conceive and can you believe in July I was pregnant???! I'm now 5 months pregnant and cannot wait to meet my sweet baby girl! Please, if you are suffering from awful fibroid tumours and you want the best treatment, see Dr. Randell...he knows his stuff. It was costly to travel from Canada to have this surgery done but I would do it all over again. Worth every penny! God bless you Dr. Randell!

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I believe Dr Randell is by far one of the best surgeons for Robotic Myomectomy. In September I travelled from England to Atlanta to meet Dr. Randell to obtain treatment for fibroids. I always said to myself that I was looking for a doctor that could genuinely tell me that all is possible. I wanted a confident surgeon with great communication skills and most of all one with courage to do what others say would be too difficult. The moment Dr. Randell looked at my MRI and said “I can do this” I smiled, knowing I had found the right doctor. I was really impressed by Dr. Randell’s professionalism, confidence and ability to assure me that I was with the very best. I had been searching for months for that assurance that no other doctor could give me. I had my surgery a week after my consultation and guess what! All 13 fibroids removed and one cyst on ovary. I know that most Robotic Surgeons would not have been able to remove every fibroid and keep ovary intact. The exceptional aftercare and genuine compassion from Dr.Randell was amazing. I felt like I had a doctor that genuinely cared about my comfort and wellbeing. The staff were efficient scheduling my consultation and surgery. Dr. Randell went above and beyond my expectations. I would absolutely recommend him to any woman who is seeking to have Robotic Myomectomy surgery. Thank you Dr. Randell! I will never ever forget everything you did for me.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

If you are looking for the best Fibroid surgeon Dr Randell is your best bet. I travelled for over 13hrs to the States just to see him and that was the best decision, as I have no regrets. He listens to patient and takes his time to explain everything in details, he definitely made me feel comfortable. I had my surgery exactly 2weeks ago in Atlanta and am already back to my home country Nigeria. If you are looking to get the best and no pain surgery Dr Randel is the one, he is smart, talented and the most skilled in his field. Recovery is very fast with minimal pain. His staff are all well trained. Thank you Dr Randell for my amazing robotic surgery, you truly are the best🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

I love Dr. Randell and his staff. All doctors should be like him. Attentive, honest, compassionate-- best words that describe Dr. Randell. Felt relaxed from the moment I met him. Exudes confidence. Very good sense of humor. All of my fibroids were removed out of three small incisions. It was worth the trip from NY to have him perform my surgery. No one else would. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2016

Dr. Michael D. Randell's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)