Dr. Michael D. Randell

Outstanding Staff Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Michael D. Randell

Huge EGO, not nice- not fair, not good looking...needs a nose job.....::::::;;;:;::

flag | Submitted September 10, 2018

I am so thankful to Dr. Randell and applaud him for being such an outstanding surgeon. Indeed, I regard him as a genius. Dr. Randell is an excellent and highly skilled surgeon in this field who has dedicated his life and career to promoting the reproductive health and well being of women. He is truly dedicated to his patients and provides them with the kind of focused, conscientious and sustained care rarely offered in other places. I learned about his practice on the internet and got in touch last December when I sensed that my fibroid situation was worsening. My abdomen was protruding more and more, to the point that it resembled the size of a five-month pregnancy, and the symptoms were becoming more uncomfortable and unbearable. I wasn’t satisfied with the recommendations that I received in the town where I live, from an Ob-Gyn whose first suggestion had been a hysterectomy several years ago, to a radiologist who kept suggesting that I was a “good candidate” for UAE to shrink them. On 7/20/2018, Dr. Randell removed all 74 fibroids from my uterus through an abdominal myomectomy. I still can’t believe the staggering number. Seeing the photo helped me understand just how many there were. This shows me that I’d never even been properly diagnosed or fully evaluated for them until I visited Dr. Randell’s office. This was shocking when considering that I’d had two open abdominal myomectomies in the past. The first one was at age 26 in 1998, in which 1 or maybe 2 fibroids were removed; I was treated with Depot Lupron on the road to it. The second was at age 37 in 2008, in which 5 fibroids were removed; I’d briefly been treated with Danazol by the Ob-Gyn doctor who came with my health plan before meeting the IVF surgeon who performed that surgery. It wasn’t until after my second surgery that I even began to hear some stories of how many fibroids were possible for women to have. I never imagined that I had a high number myself, especially as a tall, thin woman. The expertise of Dr. Randell diagnosed and addressed this problem at an entirely different level and gave me the help and solutions I needed. I feel so much better, renewed and rebuilt with an opportunity to live again and reach my fullest potential in my life and work. I am truly privileged and blessed to have been treated by a top-notch surgeon like Dr. Randell.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2018

I had a robotic myomectomy done by Dr. Randell, and I was very impressed by his work. It was only three small incisions done, and my recovery time was outstanding. I received a call from him directly after the second day home from surgery to check on me. I thought that was awesome! He is very personable and passionate about his work. Dr. Randell gave me several pictures of my surgery process to review, and he gave me encouragement about being able to conceive. I am very pleased that I chose to have the procedure done robotically. The procedure only took a couple of hours, and he's an awesome surgeon! I would definitely recommend him for any fibroid removals.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

After years of intense bleeding during my periods followed by increased bloating for the last year, Dr. Randell performed a robotic hysterectomy and changed my life! He took the time to talk through every aspect of my MRI, the steps for the surgery, and after-care. After spending time with him in my initial consult, I knew he had the interest and skills to perform this surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Randell if you have any uterine issues.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2018

Before I met Dr. Randell, I had almost given up on my health after I had seen another OB-GYN who performed Myomectomy on me for Fibroid removal and assured me , it was all taken out, Only to be in constant pain and bleeding 2 weeks after Surgery, continued to bleed and was told the body need to adjust. I was so much in pain I was at the emergency almost every weekend and the doctor wanted to place me on Lupron to throw me into menopause and or perform another surgery on me that would take me 6 weeks to heal. I couldn't afford to be out of work. Then I did my research and decided to seek a second opinion with Dr. Randell which am glad I did because as soon as I sat with me to evaluate me, I knew I had come to the right person, he ordered MRI and showed I had a lot of Fibroids and big one right in my Uterus, he assured me, he will take care of it, I was still not 100% convinced. Long story short I had the second Surgery with Dr. Randell and it was the best experience ever. I have just been cleared for 6 weeks Post surgery, and there aren't any signs of Fibroids, everything gone, my period came and it was just normal. I feel great. I just wanna say thank you so much for giving me my life back, I don't know what pains feels like anymore. Dr. Randell is very thorough with everything, he takes his patients seriously and explains everything, answers any concerns no matter what, he gets you involved with the best solution there is for you and decide together on the right solution

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

I am so happy with the results from my laproscopic fibroid surgery, I want to let other women know Dr. Randell is very good at this surgery! One of my fibroids was very large, and he was able to remove it laproscopically through a belly button incision. I had zero complications, and my scarring is sooo minimal! I am so glad I chose Dr. Randell as my fibroid surgeon!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

He did a great job on my surgery. I had so much confidence in him then he ask me to come into his practice as a regular patient. A month or so passed and I returned to see him for an evaluation. I told him I had decided to be one of his regular patients. He was like a different person, he told me that he would do my examine but he would not become my doctor. He is not the only doctor in this world of ours but he really let me down in a very difficult time in my life. I thought he really cared about his patients but was I fooled.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

Glad to have found him. He is a great surgeon who cares about his patients. I am incredibly pleased with the results.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Doctor Randell is seriously a miracle worker!I had an 18cm large, rare and bizarre Dermoid cyst on my left ovary. It was so large that it was pushing my other organs out of the way. Another cyst on my right ovary and a fibroid in my uterus. I went to another OBGYN who told me I would need to be cut open and would never have children. I'm only 25 and I want a big family. (Like 7 kids big) We found doctor Randell and from the very first appointment he was amazing. So confident and knowledgeable. He told me everything I needed to be prepared. The surgery went better than expected! He some how removed an 18cm robotically through my belly button! The surgery was very minimally invasive and it doesn't hurt at all while I'm I recovery. He somehow preserved my ovary and uterus and I still can have that big family that I want! I seriously thank God for Doctor Randell. What he is doing is amazing. The fact that he specializes in this makes it better. Such a heart for women and not at all like other doctors!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Terrible billing practices. I was billed after I cancelled my surgery and requested an itemized bill for the charges and have not received it.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Dr. Michael D. Randell's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)