Ratings for Dr. Michael D. Randell

Horrible experience, long waits, greed, no beside manners, staff is incomptent and rude, They will charge you excessively my surgery cost overall $70,000.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2016

Dr. Michael Randell is terrible. He is incompassionate to me while pregnant. He's like a robot. Does NOT have a good bedside manner. He's sarcastic. The waiting room was always long (about an hour or more).

flag | Submitted June 24, 2016

Dr Randell is very knowledgeable but my experience overall with his office and staff was horrible. He does not accept any types if health insurance so you basically pay cash for all services. I had to wait 2 hours just to see him to review my MRI and was charged $150 which was paid upfront before seeing the Dr. The office manager is clueless. Patients are asked to put a credit card on file so they can charge you whenever they feel like it. Patients waited so long at last visit, they started leaving the office. He refused to see one patient when she could not pay an additional $200 for her visit. He is good at what he does but evidently cares nothing for patients only about the money. I suggest finding another OB/gyn who understands and wants to help patients. I am sure there is someone better out there.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2016

Dr. Randell is simply exceptional. I have had two myomectomies completed by him. The first one was in December 2010 and the second one last month. If you want an accomplished, sensitive, and caring practitioner, select Dr. Randell. His meticulousness is bar none. He will answer all your questions. The most impressive component of his surgical skills is his ability to leave a barely perceptible scar. My friends and family members think that a plastic surgery completed the closure from my abdominal myomectomy. Lastly, Dr. Randell take the Hippocratic Oath seriously. You will not regret selecting him as your gynecologist or surgeon!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

On 12.4.15, It was a blessing to find Dr. Randell! He's such a superbly skilled, awesome doctor! For almost 10 yrs, I had to contend with various types of fibroids taking over my uterus; however, in the last 4-5 yrs, I suffered greatly. As in, flooding periods, horrible PMS, low iron (so low, my hair came out horribly), excruciating pain during my periods, etc. All these things made my life hard, but the most challenging of all occurred when I'd get this horrific pain in the left side of my stomach. I'd go to various dr's to try to find out the problem and they'd give me the most absurd rationale for the pain. Little did I know, I had several pedunculated fibroids (which hang on stalks) that would go crazy in terms of violently twisting and turning inside my body if I moved in a certain way that would aggravate the fibroids. The pain from these acute episodes would literally feel like an impending death. For years, I'd spent thousands of dollars on a plethora of natural alternatives to try to rid myself of the fibroids, but to no avail. The turning point occurred on 12.4.15 while driving to a dr's appt to get the fibroids checked. That day, I literally almost ran off the freeway due to an episode of the acute, excruciating pain that occurred when I simply turned side ways to go into my console . This normal movement caused the pedunculated fibroids to twist, turn, pulsate, etc. with brute force, which sent me into a world wind of unbearable pain. After sitting on the side of the road for 23 min. drowning and soaking in my tears as I watched the fibroids have their way inside of my body, I knew then I couldn't go on with these alien type masses sucking the life from my body. When I finally got to my dr's apt and I tearfully explained what had just occurred to me on the road, he examined me and told me that my uterus had grown almost to the size of an 18 wk pregnant woman .The fibroids were everywhere. He urged me to have a hysterectomy like ASAP! I was in such shock and disbelief because I have always had a flat stomach so I didn't understand how could this be. The doctor explained to me that the fibroids were growing upward (like toward my rib cage), and not outward like a pregnancy. Devastated and depressed, I left the appointment feeling like life as I had knew it was over for me if I had to get a hysterectomy. I cried all that day, but around 12am that night, I started searching online for surgical alternatives to a hysterectomy and serendipitously, I found Dr. Randell! I stayed up for 3.5 hours looking at his videos, reading about his work and his patient reviews, which were overwhelming stellar. I could hardly wait until Monday morning to call to make an appt. The staff got me in to see Dr. Randell on 12.11 and to my amazement, he was able to perform my myomectomy on 12.19. He removed 48 fibroids ranging in various sizes ranging from med size grapefruits to plums, grapes, and peas. When he showed me the fibroid photo, never would I have thought crap like that was actually living inside of me. Dr. Randell took all of those horrid fibroids out of my body, and what's even more astounding is that I only have a thin scar in my pubic area that is about the width and length of a medium size tooth pick!!! This man is absolutely brilliant in his craft! We are lucky to have someone of his caliber right here in our backyard (i.e. Atlanta). Dr. Randell listened to all of my concerns (even about my vain groaning of having a scar), answered all of my questions, and personally called me back when I needed to speak with him. And unlike many dr's, he will take the time to get to know you as a person as opposed to relating to you as a chart or an object needing to be rushed through an assembly line. As an African American, I sometimes have concerns about how I might be treated medically due to past experiences. However, Dr. Randell treated me with the utmost respect and it's quite clear that regardless of a person's race, creed, ethnicity, etc. his top priority is to treat everyone with respect and to give all patients high quality care. I did see another doctor for a consult, but after meeting Dr. Randell and being drawn in by his down-to-earth affable personality,his thoroughness in testing for things none of the other dr's even mentioned to me, his high level of skill to perform myomectomies on a person in my condition (i.e. 48 various kinds of fibroids), and his heart felt caring nature, I didn't have to look any further because intuitively I felt I'd found the one. Two months later, I'm glad about my decision to go with Dr. Randell. I know I made the right choice. In all honesty, the insurance companies can't pay Dr. Randell enough for his invaluable experience and extraordinary level of skill to perform this type of surgery. Thax so much Dr. Randell for saving my uterus restoring my reproductive health. You're amazing! And in the words of the great Tina Turner — You're simply the BEST!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

I had five large Fibroids removed by Dr. Randell. Yes, he is very talented and gifted with what he does. But.... He does not care about his patients quality of life. He did not offer me other suggestions other than surgery. That was the only option according to him. Since the surgery my quality of life has completely changes. When I tried to talk about my concerns he brushed it off as though it meant nothing. Please do not see this dr.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I have had fibroids for several years but they were small. One day I felt something hard in my pelvic area. I knew it probably was a fibroid that grown. I also knew on whatever procedure I had to get done I wanted someone who was the best at their craft. I researched and was referred to Dr. Randell. After the first visited I was confident he was the doctor. I had a MRI done and I was very surprise on how many fibroids I had and the size of the fibroid I could feel in my pelvic area. I had to make a decision that was best for me. Dr. Randell was able to perform my procedure without an large incision on my stomach. Instead I have 3 small incisions. I am so glad I chose Dr. Randell . His staff was AWESOME. Any questions are concerns I had they handled it accurately. Dr. M. Randell the King of Fibroids

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

Dr. Randell is simply the best gynecologist I've ever met!!!! He made the impossible, very possible! I was referred to Dr. Randell by my previous OBGYN. She had told me that Dr. Randell was the king of fibroids, and that he could perform a minimally invasive surgery on my 2 fibroids; one huge one (18cm)and another small one. Dr. Randell was able to do that 6 weeks ago and also my scars are invisible!!! He's not rude, as I was told, but very funny, and chatty! He's a very confident doctor and he knows his job! I would recommend him to anybody with fibroid problems, especially if you have been told that your uterus can't be saved! Kudos to my favorite doctor!! 😊

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

The accounting department is very suspicious and needs to be under investigation. I have received charges from them that no one in their office is able to explain and they keep tossing me around when I asked for an EOB for the charge.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

A relative recommended Dr. Randell to me. So I requested an appointment online. This is a paraphrase of what I wrote to him. "Nine years ago I had a UFE performed to get rid of fibroids. I was told I would not have to worry about them growing back. Well, that was not true. Not only did they grow back, but they brought friends." I received a call within about five minutes to schedule my initial appointment. I was scared and anxious, but Dr. Randell's confidence in how to handle my problem put all those fears to rest. He said, after the physical examination, that he needed to send me for an MRI. Well, once that was done and we looked at the results, he recommended a total hysterectomy. I felt like I was on some extremely fast-moving roller coaster. Scheduling the surgery was even traumatic for me, but Dr. R's office staff was great in calming me down. They believe in him, so I trusted him. My procedure went so well, I was up and moving a day after a hysterectomy. I still can't believe it. I am so confident in Dr. Randell's expertise that I am flying my daughter up here to have her fibroids removed. The man truly is gifted. Thank you, Dr. Randell. God bless you for all that you do!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Dr. Michael D. Randell's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)