Ratings for Dr. Andrew S. Bear

I was new to New Jersey and literally chose the first doctor who came up through a google search. I understand Morris Podiatry Associates has a few doctors, but this review is solely for Dr. Andrew Bear. I needed bunion surgery for my right foot. I've already had my left foot done perfectly by another doctor in California a few years prior so I was already familiar with the process and what to expect. I must say that the whole process leading up to the surgery and the surgery itself was seamless, though it may have been because I was already familiar and was very eager to get this surgery done as I had a time limit with my work schedule. I gave one star for "knowledge" because the actual result of my bunion surgery is terrible. First of all, it still looks like I have a bunion. The bunion itself might not protrude as much, but it's still definitely there; let's say it went from a 10 to a 7.5 (1 being non existent and 10 being severe) Not only that, but Dr. Bear shortened my big toe! This was a procedure that we never talked about and I have no idea what possessed him to do that, but my big toe is now much shorter than my 2nd toe. I know some people's toes can be shaped that way, but my toes look very unnatural. It has been over four months since I got my surgery so I know this has nothing to do with swelling or "settling". Although it's been four months, I should mention this was very apparent a week after surgery too so it didn't happen during the healing process. Also, the incision site looks hideous. I'm hoping the scar will fade over time, but it looks bad enough where I feel too self conscious to wear sandals or flip flops. To reiterate, I've had this surgery done on my left foot before with absolutely perfect results, so I have something to compare this experience to. I'm very dissatisfied with the result of my surgery and do not recommend Dr. Bear to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015