Ratings for Dr. David C. Herminghuysen

Very disappointed, the typical Neanderthal endo that treats you like you do not know anything, and will prescribe only one method of treatment.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

Dr. Is rude, abrupt and condescending...staff is ridiculous,

flag | Submitted December 9, 2014

Dr. Herminghuysen has the knowledge, manner, and personality of a true rockstar-level clinician. I was sent to him by my primary physician because my diabetes had become out of control at a crisis level. He was frank but complete and comprehensive in his assessment of my situation and his recommended treatment plan. He spent all the time with me that I needed and was able to answer all of my questions, even explaining some aspects of my diabetes that I had either not understood or imperfectly understood before. I left feeling very confident.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

I don't usually write on posts, but after seeing the other posts before me I had to write. I was sent to Dr. H through my primary because of my Diabetes numbers. I was scared but excited to go. I first met his nurse, Cheryl. Then Dr. H came in and went over my numbers. Cheryl was amazing the two visits I saw her. Beautiful lady and a great nurse to the Doctor. Dr. H impressed me more than I can share. He laid it out and while he beat me up with reality I felt like he was hugging me at the same time. Here I am a month later and my numbers have completely changed. Two weeks ago, I went in to see Cheryl and my numbers had changed then. I cried. She cried with me. I am so honored and happy that I have met such great medical professionals in New Bern. I'm from Boston where medical doctors are some of the best in the world. I have found that my Doctors here in New Bern have been amazing. Thank you Dr. H and Cheryl for changing my life! - Jeff Yalden, Age 43

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014

Rude, snarky office staff. Doctor very unprofessional in both appearance and dress. Diagnosed with thyroid cancer, set up immediate surgery with a surgeon. Total thyroidectomy done, even after biopsies showed non-conclusive results. Surgical biopsies were negative for cancer. The receptionist is one of the loudest, meanest, arrogant and angry persons I have ever encountered. A total thyroidectomy has life long consequences and it is shameful that it was done when it was totally unnecessary!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

Staff is HORRIBLE. Argued with me about the forms my insurance needed, gave me a hard time about providing me information from my own medical records, and on one occasion CALLED ME A LIAR about the time I put on the sign-in sheet. Like I can't read an analog clock. How insulting. Doctor is knowledgeable, friendly, smart and helpful. Too bad his staff sucks.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

Dr. David C. Herminghuysen's Credentials

• LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 1985)

Secure Horizons