Ratings for Dr. Richard Wolin

I saw this doctor for 2.5 years, initially to get off a high dose of Effexor which was causing rages. Wolin had me jump to every possible hoop imaginable, from buying special "day light" light bulbs to adding medications on top of what I was already taking. Each visit I told him I would do anything to get off the Effexor but was told that the withdrawals were brutal so I went along with him. After 2.5 years of this he said "If you don't like it, go somewhere else"! I did and the next doctor took me off the meds immediately with little withdrawal. This accounting of his treatment has been summarized. He refused to listen to me at all. My depression and rages where debilitating and he just added more hoops for me to jump through. I now know not to listen to doctors if I feel something isn't right. My rages caused by the high dose of Effexor has left me and my family scared emotionally. Don't go to him!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014