Dr. Israel Berger

Ratings for Dr. Israel Berger

U fortunately I did not have a great experience while be treated at Dr Bergers office. His office was filthy , literally gunk on the tubes that he would want to drain my bladder with! He always give me antibiotics after wards so I wouldn't get an infection. Probably from how dirty everything was .I felt so uncomfortable in his office and felt like every time I'm there I had to get undressed for something . I ended up having surgery and now years later my problem is worse. I am seeing a new urologist and it is like night and day! You walk in office is clean and inviting, staff is professional and prompt, never had to wait more then 5-10 minutes before being seen. New Dr is by knowledgeable and didn't ask to do bladder draining tests on the first visit , he ordered the right tests, like ultrasound , renal scan etc. I know this is long but it's my honest review and my experience.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2018

Could not get a follow-up appointment. Staff promised to call back but never did. At first visit he loaded me up with samples of a very expensive drug which did nothing for me. This doctor cares about money, not his patients. Staff are rude.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Arrived at 2 pm for a 3:30 vasectomy appointment - only to be told the doctor was running THREE HOURS late. The staff was incredibly rude to an office full of angry patients, and proceeded to lie to them by saying everyone on the schedule was called to tell them about the delay - something I quickly disproved by checking my call log at home. They also lied to me about sedating me during my procedure, and never even gave me a pill I was promised to relax my nerves. Will be testing myself every six months to make sure I'm still "firing blanks" and that yet another foul-up didn't occur. STRONGLY discourage people from booking with this office!

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

Dr. Israel is a veteran urologist and has great knowledge. if you are lucky to get appointment, he does spent time with patient and help diagnose root cause of the problem. However, expect to wait 3 hours just to see him for 15 min.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Israel Berger is an OUTSTANDING doctor: he has a depth of knowledge which is very reassuring to patients, especially men whose medical histories suggest high risk for prostate enlargement or cancer. He is thoroughly familiar with state-of-the-art procedures, medications, and research findings, and is scrupulous about collecting lab samples and seeing that staff relays the resulting data to the patient in a timely manner. I would unhesitatingly recommend him to anyone who needed a consultation or to be placed under long-term treatment. Paul F., a patient for nearly 25 years

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

He is the most understanding and knowledgeable doctor I have come across. He spends more time than most with his patients. He listens and I believe he truly cares.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2014

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

He is very capable and has been of great help - but I have found myself having to wait an hour past the scheduled time to see him. His office is hot helpful. When I asked his head nurse to call me if he is running late, she said she could not as she did not have the time. Also, they are still billing me for procedures that were paid by the insurance company tow years ago

flag | Submitted May 29, 2010

Very difficult to contact the DR.Staff not trained well,seems Dr saving money by employing uncompitent staff.Dr was 3.5 hours late.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2009

Dr. Berger had me come in for (6) office visits. He wanted me to keep coming back for more, still with no remedy. My second doctor was completed by the second visit! Dr. Berger IS STILL billing me for my part of the deductible 13 YEARS later!! How greedy can a doctor be?

flag | Submitted October 12, 2009

Dr. Israel Berger's Credentials

• University Of Colorado School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Skokie, IL