Ratings for Dr. Rena S. Brand

Dr. Brand's practice is of the highest quality of medical care one could ask for. Honest diagnoses; realistic recovery protocol; highly trained staff of technicians and administrative services. The attention to detail of every aspect of treatment is impressively obvious. All the assistants and surgery personal are equally observant and careful.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

I was in tears after a visit with Dr. Brand. She had no sympothy for my condition and all she did was prescribe numerous medications to use at one time and expected me to get it all down in seconds. Her office had called me earlier in the day to see if I could come in right away since Dr. Brand wanted to leave early for the day. I made the appointment after 5pm since I work and couldn't come in earlier. They wanted to keep the appointment and when I got there Dr. Brand made it very clear that she wanted to leave asap. She gave me no time and cut me off with all my questions. I wish I read the previous reviews before seeing her because they are right on point.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

I've been to see Rena Brand four times now. Every time is an hour to an hour and forty-five minutes wait time. This would be tolerable (still excessive) if she was helpful at all. Every exam with her is a whopping 5-7 minutes, and she repeats so many suggestions from previous visits, that I was actually able to answer and confirm all of her obvious pointers as she was saying them (pointless visits). She then told me to keep using the cream she'd prescribed, even though no positive results have surfaced in over 6 months of usage. When I question her, she always replies with the solution of 'keep using it, and I wanna' see you again in 4-6 weeks.' I asked her what she was expecting to improve in that time since it would be the same cream I'd been using ... 'it'll be better.' Going to this woman for help is the definition of insanity; performing the same action repeatedly, while expecting a different result. I'm done paying $40 a pop for her nonsense.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

Worst office staff - lazy, rolling their eyes at everyone. The doctor herself spends about thirty seconds only on what she wants to discuss, not what you are concerned about. Don't go there!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

After waiting for about 45 mins. to be seen by Dr. Brand, I was finally called into the room. I was there due to some sun spots on my face and wanted to see what my options were to getting rid of them or reducing them. She told me that because I am in the "child bearing years" to come back once I have "closed up shop" (10+ years)and revisit the issue. I know off the top of my head about 5 plant based products used to help treat this problem that pregnant woman or nursing women are prescribed but she wrote me off. She actually told me to "buy a hat" and wrote down the name of a website on a prescription pad. That was my treatment, buy a f'in hat. Thats what I wasted my time and money for. Totally useless!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

The worst doctor I've ever been to! She was unattentive, dismissed what I had to say, and kept fighting with me in regards to my side effects ...stating that i was completely wrong and that it was impossible for the medication to have caused such damage to my skin (permanent damage!) I am soo upset and emotionally distraught by my negative experience and now I am constantly reminded by the effects of it when I look at my self in the mirror! Find a better doctor who actually cares!!!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2010

Office staff rude and nasty. I barely got to see Dr. Brand and suddenly had other doctors in the office see me instead who I did not ask for. The office visit was rushed and unpleasant. It seemed like I had to force them to answer questions. They forgot important information for my followup visit the next day. I would never recommend this doctor. In the end I was not treated for the problem I came in with as they never did the correct tests. What a nightmare.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2010

Worst dermatologist I've ever seen. Took me longer to get my clothes back on than it took her to do a "full" body exam.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2009

I've used a number of doctors in this practice over time for different things. I find Dr. Brand pleasant, knowledgeable, and caring, as are the others. The problem here is the tempo of the practice (maybe they need lots of money to pay the rent in this very classy building). The waiting room sometimes looks like a madhouse. Overbooking, maddening waits of 1 to 2 hours, and rapid treatment seem to be standard. The rapidity makes the treatment seem rather questionable, though I doubt it is. Despite all that, I feel I received effective treatment. But if medicine at high-speed isn't your thing, don't go to this practice.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2009

i waited for over 2hrs for my appointment. It looked like Dr. Brand booked 10 more people at the same time. When she finally took me, she barely answered my questions and was in such a hurry that i felt like she wants me out as soon as possible. She's not attentive at all and didn't even say Sorry for making me wait over 2 hrs. I felt like she ddint care avout my problem or my concerns at all. She's one of the worst doctors i ever met. Receptionist are rude as well. Overall, i had horrible experience and will never come back.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2009

Dr. Rena S. Brand's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

HealthFirst