Ratings for Dr. Nicholas Karyotakis

I would rate him zero stars if that were possible. He knows absolutely nothing, does not try to help, and is rude and arrogant on top of everything. First, I was told that the over the counter drugs I was taking was all that could be done for me. When I pushed him because I was in sever pain daily despite being taking tums nearly every half hour and prevacid and nexium daily, he gave me a variety of different drugs and pain pills, which only mad me sicker. Eventually, I persuaded him to do an endoscopy; as a result, I was told that I had severe gastronomy and bleeding ulcers. When I inquired as to possible courses of treatment he claimed that nothing could be done, it was all due to stress and that if I stayed positive, the conditions would heal themselves. Needless to say, this was could not be further from the truth. I remained in severe pain for years until finally finding a better doctor who was actually willing to help. I would not wish this doctor upon my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

I have suffered since childhood with GI problems. I had seen some of "the best" GI doctors in the country, and they could never figure out my problem. Dr. Karyotakis has saved my life, he diagnosed me with Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis(a rare and hard to diagnose disease) within a week of my first visit. He does more for me in a day than the world renown Mayo Clinic did for me in a 2 month stay. He is not only a doctor, but a compassionate man. He even punctually deals with beaurcracy. What more could you ask for? I nominate him for a nobel prize in medicine.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2007

Very smart man. I get a feeling he is always in a hurry, but maybe that is just me. I am lightly uncomfortable talking to him about certian issues, but he is a GI doc, thats his job! He listened to my concerns and took them into consideration. His office staff is very friendly.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2007