Ratings for Dr. Lucy M. Limaylla

The most understanding Doctor I have ever seen. Her skills are the best. She explained what was wrong and how it needed to be treated. She saved my life. While I was there I saw her save two gun shot people who the other Doctor said they were dead. She is the best in the Jackson area.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

First time I saw her she informed me that I was being treated wrong for the genetic disorder I had, even though I had 3 other doctors that had diagnosed and had been treating me for several years. Also I had researched the internet and in a support group that completely agreed with my medical treatment. She was pigheaded and wouldn't admit that she didn't even know what the disorder was. Needless to say, I got up and left. Her "treatment" was exactly opposite of what I needed and would have caused greater problems if I had let her treat me. I understand that doctors cannot know about every little disease or problem, but if you don't know how to treat it, at least admit it or look it up before you do more harm to the patient. She has since read about the disorder because visits since she knew how to treat me. Not really thrilled about having to see her, but with only one major hospital in the area I don't have much choice when it comes to emergency care and she's the doctor on duty.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012