Ratings for Dr. Marshall H. Brown

This doctor is a scam artist, and his staff are very rude. I have reported his office to the Better Business Bureau, as well as to my insurance company for unethical billing practices. Read all the available reviews for him online before you chance it, and notice on Yelp where most of his reviews have been categorized as "not recommended," thereby only leaving one 2-star review readily available. Click to see the additional hidden ones, and the real story becomes evident.

Submitted January 26, 2015

Me and my family have been using Dr Brown for approximately 12 years. I have a wife and 5 children and he has cared for all of our dental needs. When I go in he gets the job done right and fast. His oral surgeon pulled 2 of my wisdom teeth and I was back to work the same day.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Went in knowing that I probably had periodontal disease but was not prepared for the extreme treatment that was recommended nor its costs. What raised"red flags" was when the financial person made an offer to reduce the costs by 20% if I agreed to it right then and the paperwork did not show the specific deductions that my insurance provides. They supposedly had "already been applied" to the costs I was being shown. At no time did Dr. Brown or any of his associates inform me of any other viable options nor did anyone give me a thorough explanation of the extreme procedure (removing 80% of my teeth to be replaced with dentures). So I got a second opinion. Thank goodness, or I wouldn't have my natural teeth today! And the final costs were 50% less than the "reduced" rate. I do expect ethical professionals to inform clients of all viable options. And the financial documents presented just did not give the appearance of full accounting in light of the high pressure sales tactics.

Submitted August 4, 2013

This dentist is rude and extremely unprofessional. After postponing an x-ray due to a possible pregnancy, I returned to the office not pregnant to complete my dental work. He then ridiculed and mocked me. As a married woman desperately struggling to become pregnant, I was beyond offended that my uterus even entered his malice while fitting a crown. Disgusting man who has NO respect for women. For a dentist that has his office plastered with his children's photos, you would think he would be mature enough to respect his patient's medical needs. The worst part is he was comfortable ridiculing me in front of all his other patients.

Submitted July 16, 2013

Paid for two root canals he said were needed. Rude and really downright hateful. Crowns did not fit and came off. I did not feel good about the "work" he did so I went to another dentist. X rays showed he did not root canal anything. He just cleaned up the rough edges, put ill-fitting crowns on and took my money. Filthiest medical office I've ever been in.

Submitted March 27, 2011

Terrible dentist. He's a jerk. He was rude to my grandmother when she would ask questions. I had a cavity in a molar that I had trouble with for a year before he finally sent me in to see an endodonist. He swore he'd put a note in my file saying we'd already paid for the procedure, but he did not. He never finished the tooth which resulted in it having to be pulled a few years later. Yet we were charged for it being finished by TWO dentists. His office is not well run, he is unprofessional, and I don't think he really has a clue what he is doing. From what I understand, he's been reprimanded by the ADA, not sure what for though. Not terribly surprised though, honestly. Find another dentist if at ALL possible!

Submitted October 14, 2009

Unprofessional. I paid for all porclein crowns and was given crowns with dark metal circles. Replaced for free, but it was very painful to have new crowns removed. He offered to replace another old crown for free to make up for the mistake of putting in the wrong type of crowns. New Crowns did not fit. Instead of re-doing crown to fit, he drilled on a perfectly good crown on my bottom tooth and ruined it, then said that it was the old one he was going to replace for free anyway which it was not. The crown he had said he would replace was on the other side of my mouth. Dr. Brown replaced the crown he ruined and out of 4 crowns total, it was the only one that fit when he put it on. All the other crowns had to be drilled down to fit. His assistand Maria dropped my crown on the floor and picked it up and put it back in my mouth. She dropped the crown in my mouth twice and it almost went down my throat. My bite is off. Everything I eat gets stuck between the crowns Dr. Brown did.

Submitted August 31, 2009

I visited Dr. Brown's office recently and it is in my opinion one of the most un-professional doctors office/ dentists office I have ever been to. I was forced to go to Dr. Brown because of the kind of insurance I have (dhmo), I did not choose him. The receptionist are extreemly rude and not helpfull at all. The hygenists are even worse, as I was sitting in the chair the my hygenist was arguing with her fellow co-worker about somthing as if I was not even there. Maybe I am just old fashoned but I expect professionalism in a dentist office. It also took 1 1/2 hour for a simple examination, I had no work done. The facility is also dirty and cluttered and they are overpriced. I am shocked that they remain open...Shocked!!! Trust all these negative reviews go elsewhere. If you need any oral surgery done like wisdom teeth I reccomend Dr. Garrett Nelson who also practices in Fort Worth.

Submitted June 21, 2009