Ratings for Dr. Vladimir V. Redko

Dr.Redko was seeing me for pain management for failed back surgery and once told me that he acted like the parent dispensing medication to patents as if the were children and that he had to control what they were given no matter what level of pain you were in. I also had to see a student on most of my visits. He and his staff realy do make you feel as if you are a cow with a number on your head. Anyone can do better than this guy. I had always hoped that no one had to go thru the pain I have had to suffer but after being belittled by him I hope one day he can see what its like to indure pain daily!!!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2006

I adore Dr. Redko! I have a different kind of nueropathic pain, in my right side instead of my back. I finally went to him when all other doctors had given up. Some decided that my pain was my "fault" because they could not figure out what was wrong. Dr. Redko listened to me. He ran several more tests to find the exact location of the nerve damage, and found that it was in the central nervous system. He agreed to implant a nuerostimulator, even though it had never been used in a case like mine before. It didn't work, but at least he tried! By the way, the stimulator was MY idea, and he told me that it probably wouldn't be the best thing for me. He tried it because I wanted to. Now we are trying together to find something else that may help. He's a WONDERFUL doctor! He listens to his patients and lets them in on the treatment process. He understands that this is MY body, and he is there to help me learn to live with it.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2006

As a long term chronic pain patient, I lacked the subservient attitude so prized by MDs in the South. I was labeled a problem patient and was abandoned by a sucession of PM MDs. When the Houston medical establishment accepted opiate therapy as a valid treatment option, there were very few specialists in field of pain management locally. In the early 1990s, the Baylor recruited Dr. Redko (Russian trained) from New York to train new MDs in opiate therapy based pain management (emphasis on implanted medication pumps). He accepted me if I agreed I would have a pump implanted. During the pump/medication trial, the pump fell on the floor and sprung open. He accused me of self injecting. He had to admit that no medication was missing. We went to the wall, almost to "the field of honor" I found a new PM doc (the best). Dr. Redko has no empathy. He demands his patients play the serf while he acts as a medical commissar. If your future is one of ongoing agony keep looking. You can do better.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2006

Dr. Vladimir V. Redko's Credentials

• Moscow Med Stomatologic Inst, Moscow, Russia (Grad. 1979)