You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Debbie L. Amundson

Tramatizing experience for my five year old! They insist parents stay in the waiting room, after hearing my child screaming in pain I ran back there to find the assistant holding her down arms and feet, and Dr Amundson drilling! She was scheduled for sealants! Dr Amundson and her staff are money hungry, extremely uncaring and very pushy, not to mention very unproffesional, they snap at customers and eachother during the visit. The dogs....no comment! Very strange situation! Absolutley no compassion shown for my child, they simply said it doesnt hurt her, she needs to stop crying or go to a specailist!!!! Wow, the mama bear almost came out of me, I took my child, carried her out and left! She needs to spend less on lip botox and invest in compassion classes, if that even exsists!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

We really thought Amundson would be "the" one. We were new patients and the first cleaning appointment went GREAT. My husband scheduled to do two crowns. Amundson used only one numbing shot per tooth for which he could still feel the pain however we didn't care much for it. What really made us angry was... just a few days after the temporary crowns were put on, one of them fell off. We called the office IMMEDIATELY as it was really painful to do an "almost" open wound exposure. Due to the office's hour, we were denied service. We called every day to try to get in to get HER mistake fix, but we still got denied or that "it was booked." Personally, in cases like this... EMERGENCY SITUATIONS... I don't care how booked a doctor is, they need to MAKE AND FIND time to have that patient in to FIX their MISTAKE. My husband had to go to the drug store to find his own dental glue to adhere the temp. crown back on. When we finally got to see the doctor, it was because she had already receive the actual crowns (~ 2 weeks from temp. crown placement). As if things couldn't get worse... he was booked for a last appointment therefore the doctor was in a rush. She DID NOT use any kind of NUMBING to numb the tooth as requested because apparently to her "it wasn't going to hurt" but in reality, my husband felt EVERY BIT of the pain. That was our SECOND and LAST appointment with her. She does not deserve to be a doctor. Again, anyone can agree that if anyone (doesn't matter what their title is) screws up on their part... need to take responsibility of it.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2015

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

I walked out on them because they are money hungry facity Charge me out off pocket before the insurance. No longer going there.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

I went to this office not expecting to see 2 dogs running around. Expect xrays the old fashion way. It took them 1 hr to do xray on me my mouth was all cut up afterwards. It was so painful. Also expect to have a 2 dogs looking at you while your getting this done. The assistant was kinda rough while doing my exam. No bedside manner at all. Dr. Amundson seem very nice. Expect to pay money after your visit. For some apparent reason they know how much your insurance will discount for the visit and so they are expecting the balance up front before you leave.Very pushy kinda like going to buy a car.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2013

Dr Amundson appears to be a good dentist; howver, I do have two issues; one being that it is very cold in the waiting room, especially in the colder months. The second is the fact that Dr Debbie has her two small fury dogs which walk around the office and tbe rooms where the patients are. I do like dogs; however, this makes for an unsanitary environment.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2013

receptionist/office manager is aggressive. Doctor is nice enough, she's kinda rough on her assistants though.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2013

She has a pretty snippity bedside manor. She seems very argumenative...Her assistant is not gentle, nor does she seem like she has been doing the job very long. I agree she doesn't know how to control pain very well.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2012

They really push having extra procedures (that your insurance doesn't cover) done. Felt like they were trying to squeeze as much $ out of us as possible. Receptionist is pushy. Don't really feel comfortable there.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012

My problem was more with her assistant. An area was numbed that didn't need to be by the direction of the assistant. Another time, was told incorrect information by the same assistant about which teeth would have a crown and which would have a new filling.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

Dr. Debbie L. Amundson's Credentials

AARP
Delta Dental

Updates

• A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Tramatizing experience for my five year old! They insist parents stay in the waiting room, after hearing my child screaming in pain I ran back there to find the..."

November 4, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "We really thought Amundson would be "the" one. We were new patients and the first cleaning appointment went GREAT. My husband scheduled to do two crowns. Amunds..."

August 29, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Horrible experience. Unsanitary with dogs running around. Not recommend to anyone."

November 17, 2014
  • First Name changed from "DEBBIE" to "DEBBIE L."

October 20, 2013
  • City changed from "NEW HOPE" to "Minneapolis"

September 10, 2013