Ratings for Dr. Salvatore J. LoCoco

My regular Doctor referred me to Dr. Lococo and after 2 visits to him, I can safely say that he is the most cocky and rude doctor I've ever had to deal with. He talks about his family and how successful everyone is, yet doesn't take the time to figure out what is wrong with you, the patient, who just waited over an hour to see him. His bedside manner is horrible and basically non-existent. Keeps telling me to schedule another appointment, but has yet to actually run any tests or anything. He acts like I am wasting his precious time by being there. I would rather drive out of state than ever go back to him again. I may not be a doctor, but my time is just as precious as his.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

Judging from previous comments, Dr. Lococo's patient care and respect have not improved. He talked over our mothers head as if she wasn't there, stated that because of her age, no treatment was available for whatever might be wrong. He wasn't sure what was actually wrong because old people are so difficult to examine. That did not stop him from stating that we should just put her in hospice since she is, you know, old. He may be skilled with procedures but for patient care he is a cold lizard.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

Dr LoCoco is wonderful & knows his profession. He is very skilled at what he does.He didn't put mother through unneeded & additional surgery for the same outcome.Even though it wasn't good news he had great bedside manner in explaining everything to her.My mother thinks he made the best choice of how to treat her with the type of cancer she has. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2010

As a family member of a patient of Dr. Lococos, I'm extremely unimpressed. He recently moved from Texas to OSF St Francis in Peoria, IL. Even though he perceives himself the new "boy wonder" his bedside manner and respect for others leaves a lot to be desired. The level of information and coordinated care we recieved was abysmal. There are too many good surgeons here to put up with his bullying and hubris.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

I know he is not there any longer, but the wait time is unimagineable! I'd say the average time to wait was 1 and a half to two hours each time. I thought I would continue to see the nurse practitioner, Amy Henson (now under Dr. Anderson) and the wait would not be as bad. I had to leave after 2 hours. Very knowledgeable, but poor time management and horrid office management. There are too many good Dr.'s in town for this nonsense!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2009

I was away from work only one week after this procedure. Conventional Hysterectomies will keep you away from work for six weeks. THIS IS A GREAT ALTERNATIVE TO COVENTIONAL HYSTERECTOMY. I would highly recommend Dr. Lococo - he's worth the wait.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2008