Ratings for Dr. Hamid R. Djalilian

Amazing surgeon and top in his field. My family was always well taken care of. I am very grateful to Dr. Djalilian.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

Several years ago Dr. Djalilian helped me. I am so thankful that I found him when I did, and this rating is long over due. Dr. Djalilian is confident, knowledgeable, and abreast to current research in his field. He is clearly passionate about his work as well. This could be mistaken for arrogance, but I found him to be sincere, no nonsense, and incredibly direct. Upon his initial diagnosis of my condition, I found myself to be skeptical. But, he further explained, and clarified my questions. I followed his treatment and it changed my life. If you are suffering from dizziness, I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

I went to Dr. Djalilian for my cochlear implant. He was recommended by my audiologist as the go-to person for cochlear implant if one wants to preserve the hearing. I was really nervous about the surgery since I was concerned I would lose my hearing from the surgery. He did the cochlear implant surgery for me and came to check on me after surgery in the recovery room. I had the ear dressing on and he put up this tuning fork and amazingly I could hear still even through the ear dressing. I think he is definitely the best cochlear implant surgeon in Southern California. I should mention that his cochlear implant audiologist Dr. Stickney is also amazing. Thanks to the UC Irvine cochlear implant team!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

I was diagnosed with an acoustic neuroma and did a lot of research on different acoustic neuroma surgeons in Southern California and went to him. I found Dr. Djallian to be very caring, knowledgeable and a great surgeon. He did my surgery and saved my hearing. My facial nerve was normal from day 1. I can't thank him enough.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

We were in this office for maybe 1-2 hours. Regular examination room. Had a simple procedure that involved the equipment of a single syringe. The total bill (Dr. and Hospital) that was submitted to the insurance was $13,000.The Dr. is very arrogant and doesn't listen to his patients. Once the procedure was done, we never saw the dr. again, he did not follow up during the visit to check on his patient, and the after care was careless.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2014

I went to see Dr. Djalilian for my surfer ears. He operated on both my ears with the microchisel through my ear canal and didn't open the back of the ear. I had very little pain and my ear was only plugged for a couple of days. He didn't pack the ear like other doctors do and used a special stent which kept my ear open. The ear canal healed in 3 weeks and I was back in the water. He is amazing!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2012

I traveled from Sacramento to see him and it was all worth it... He is an awesome doctor , if u need a surgeon for otoscelorosis... I had my surge six weeks back and my hearing is back to normal.... I highly recommend dr djalilian....

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

I live in Las Vegas and went to see Dr. Djalilian. I was told by the ENT doctors in Las Vegas that there was nothing I could do with my hearing loss and that I had to use hearing aids. I was told that I needed to get a cochlear implant. I went to Dr. Djalilian at University of California in Irvine. He took a quick look at my ears and my scan said that I had scar tissue that had closed off my ear canal. He said he can do surgery and improve it. A few weeks later, I came back for the surgery. He used skin from the back of my ear and some silicone to open the ear canal. Six weeks later he took out the silicone and I could hear without my hearing aid - it was amazing! I am so glad I went to Dr. Djalilian.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2011

Dr. Djalilian figured out that I had a cholesteatoma - a skin cyst that grows in the ear. I had been treated for allergies by my ENT and he had not seen this growth in my ear. Dr. Djalilian did the surgery and removed it. He used my own hearing bones to reconstruct my hearing. I am very lucky to have found him.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2011

Dr. Hamid R. Djalilian's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1996)

Oxford