Ratings for Dr. Elise L. Kibler

Let me start out by saying, I am not a review writer. My wife and I vistited with Dr Elise Kibler for only a few minutes before we knew she was not someone we wanted to care for our child. It’s mind blowing that she chose pediatrics as a specialty. She wasn’t friendly and is downright icy cold. My wife mentioned Dr Kibler has a mean-girl vibe. She was condescending towards our personal views on things, and even got rather pushy when we didn’t do what she wanted us to do. She has a horrible bedside manner. She only wanted to discuss her personal views. Very disappointed with the experience.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

She gave my daughter a diagnosis for a hairline fracture in her rib when it was really an ovarian cyst- it was on the CT what was wrong. She has horrid bed side manner, she won't look you in the eye when she speaks and she honestly shouldn't even have her MD when she pulls a diagnosis out of the air just because she is tired of a patient and her cries of pain, the patient is a child! Horrid DR!!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Not sure what others are looking for in terms of bedside manner but both my kids (7 & 9) went to Dr. Kibler when she was at Capital Pediatrics in Austin and they both loved her. My mother was also a pediatrician for over 40 years and often took our kids to their appointments and she thought Dr. Kibler was "excellent", praise she doesn't often give many other pediatricians. We're just bummed to learn she's now in San Antonio. Good pediatricians like her are hard to find. EP

flag | Submitted March 16, 2014

I have been taking my children to Dr. Kibler for several years. She always takes the time to give us a very thorough check-up covering everything. She answers questions in an easy to understand way and really cares about children. Great clinic and staff!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

Dr Kibler was very nice and very informative. She was prompt and was very patient while I asked her a bunch of questions about my daughter's condition.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

Dr. Kibler Rocks. Her bedside manner is amazing. I disagree with the cold comment from the other post. She does greet you with a hello how are you. But she knows us by name, hard to find that. It's never a hello Mr. ____, she greets you by first name. My kids love her.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

She gives a very good explanation for our questions, and is very thorough. I will be coming back to her

flag | Submitted January 30, 2010

Dr. Kibler really spent the time to discuess our son's illness. I felt very happy with the visit.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2009

Our little one isn't here yet (hopefully will be in the next 2 weeks!), but Dr. Kibler was on our list of potential pediatricians. We called and made an appointment, and the receptionist was very helpful. We had set up a 30 minute prepartum consultation, which was the standard amount of time other doctors in town had granted us as well. However, Dr. Kibler ended up spending almost 2 hours with us, and answered every question we had! She was patient and knowledgeable and made us feel comfortable; although we didn't see eye to eye on every topic she was very open to discussing anything. We liked that she had an open mind on the myriad of topics we discussed. Above all, we really appreciated her time. We will definitely be going to see Dr. Kibler.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2009

I agree with the first comment, she does not have a very good bedside manner when it comes to children. She does not seem very genuine and she continues to suggest shots that my son is allergic to. I feel as if they do not even pretend to know their patients, or review their charts before they are seen.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2008