Ratings for Dr. Mark R. Dalton

I had accident in 2012 racing mx.I shattered both talus and right tib/fib.Dalton is the only doc that would even attempt to fix it, I've had seven surgeries and he's pretty much pulled off the impossible.Great staff, helpful and compassionate.He's my ankle guy for life now..When no one else can fix it, he can!He knows how to bill the insurance too, out of 7 surgeries, I have only had to pay 2k so far..

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Dr. Dalton has operated on my ankle twice and has made things worse instead of better. After surgery he has been totally unsympathetic, has not wanted to do any MRIs or other imaging to determine what the problem is, and completely will not entertain the idea that the surgery did not accomplish its goals (he can do no wrong). I am now in so much pain that I am getting injections and looking for another doctor to try to help me. When you visit his office you will be there for hours. His time is extremely valuable but yours is worth nothing. His staff covers for him (they tell you he is in the office when he is not). Office is run terribly. At my last visit I had an 8 AM appointment and there were 4 other people scheduled at that time as well. Each of us was led to a different examining room to sit and wait. He did not even get to work until 8:45 to start seeing any of us. When I asked questions about my condition, he mocked me and said I wasn't making any sense. Go elsewhere!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

I also had a Total Ankle Replacement with Dr. Dalton and I have made a complete recovery and moving better than ever. I am forever grateful to Dr. Dalton for giving me my life back. His staff is wonderful and were very helpful during my recovery. I would recommend Dr. Dalton to everyone.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

I have to have 3 surgeries with him this year and have no idea why I needed 3 seperate surgeries. He fails to explain anything or inform you on anything. He always seems rushed and annoyed when you ask questions. His bedside manner is awful. I stopped going to see him and go to a different doctor just so I can get some answers! His office buidling is a weird layout too. You have to pay for parking and take 2 different elevators to get to his office. (Not easy on crutches) The whole experience aggrivating.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2010

Total Ankle Replacement and subtalar fusion 3/29. I was still having pain and trouble walking in July. Dr. Dalton failed to diagnose the Non-union of the subtalar fusion and planned to do a tendon surgery saying a CT scan would show nothing so he would just have to open me up and look. I got a second opinion and CT scan did reveal I had a non-union, which is rare. I must have a revision surgery and another long recovery period. His office manager was rude when I had problems with the way they filled out disability forms all other staff was caring and compassionate. Dr. Dalton's office charges $15 for each form they fill out something I have not ever experienced in a doctors office before and then the forms were messy and not filled out correctly. You have to pay to park in the garage where his office is located, a courtesy not extended by Dr. Dalton's office is validating parking.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2010

Dr.Dalton flawlessly put my leg back together after I fell 14 feet and was diagnosed with a pilon fracture with a twist. You would never know I had "shattered" my leg! He is brilliant and compassionate!!!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010

I drove from Dallas to take my daughter to see Dr. Dalton and when we called to say we were running late but were 10 minutes away from his office, they cancelled our appt. and would not see my daughter who was in extreme pain from a torn plantar plate injury. His staff said he was in with another patient and we were the last appt. of the day, but their policy was to cancel anyone after 10 minutes. I had taken off work and driven over 200 miles to take my daughter who lives in Austin and had been referred to him by a podiatrist. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2009

Expert in Talus reconstruction. All follow up doctors have been extremely impressed with reconstruction.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008

Dr. Mark R. Dalton's Credentials

• Spanish

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1997)