World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Lance R. Winter

Love this office! Staff is very professional and friendly! Dr. Winter is very attentive, compassionate, and knowledgeable. He took his time to explain my treatment plan and made sure I understood! I would highly recommend Dr. Winter!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2015

I ruptured my ACL playing college soccer. Dr. Winter did surgery to fix it and now I am playing again just as I did before the injury. Dr. Winter and his staff were wonderful through the whole process and help me get back on the field. Thank you!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Dr. Winter did surgery to fix a severed tendon in my foot. I now have full function and no problems. Dr Winter and his staff were very helpful through out the process and were always available to answer and questions or conderns. Dr. Winter is an excellent doctor and cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2015

Dr. Winter recently operated on my shoulder and I am very happy with the results. I have recovered quickly and no longer have daily pain in my shoulder that I have had for years. His staff was also very helpful in setting up my surgery.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2015

They took 2 X-rays. Doctor showed on time, but stayed with me for maybe 10 minutes. He said I had arthritis and there was nothing he could do for me. I asked about supplements and he told me that nothing would help, maybe knee replacement in the future. Gave me some information about shots he could give me to alleviate pain. When I had scheduled the appointment I asked how much it would be (because my insurance would not cover due to deductible) , but I was charged double that. When I asked why I was told it was because the doctor had done some extra examination (what he did not, he did not even looked at my real knee just the X-Ray). I thought that maybe the x-Rays were the reason, but 3 months after I am still getting bills from the office (for X-Ray and god know why).I called the next day of my visit to ask for the price of the shots (he had suggested) and was told I needed to make another appointment (and pay for it again) to get that information. I since started taking supplements on my own, and feel no pain at all.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

Dr. Lance R. Winter's response
I do apologize that you had an unfavorable experience. My job requires that I sometimes give an unfavorable, albeit an honest prognosis. Some conditions, such as certain forms of arthritis, are irreversible and therefore can only be treated symptomatically without surgery. Appointment times, as stated, are scheduled for 10 minutes (excluding x-ray time). I spend the entire appointment reviewing in detail x-ray findings, physical exam, treatment options, and prognosis. In cases of arthritis, I discuss several conservative options including injections, medications, supplements and surgery if necessary. If an injection is recommended, I give patients written information and the option to think about their choices and follow up if they desire to proceed at later date. Although it is rare, I am always pleased to hear that a patient is able to control their pain with supplements alone and that an injection was not needed. In addition, I am always happy to correct any unresolved billing issues without hesitation. Thank you for your feedback.

Submitted October 5, 2015

Waited 1 hour and 15 minutes before being seen and no apology even offered.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

Dr. Lance R. Winter's response
I do apologize that you had to wait so long. On occasion, my schedule is affected by longer than expected surgeries and emergencies. Unfortunately, this in turn can affect wait times. However, I would like to offer you the first appointment of the day with no wait time so that we may discuss all of your concerns. I appreciate your feedback and again, my sincerest apologies.

Submitted February 20, 2015