Dr. Louay Toma

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Louay Toma

Dr. Toma is the best surgeon out there I have had 6 knee surgeries on the same knee my 7th was a total knee replacement he was so concerned about my whole health before the surgery & during my stay at the hospital & now even after . I have had no surgeon be that involved before I truly appreciate it I’m just 1 week post op but I’m ready to plan for my other knee

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

In October 2012, at 55 years of age, Dr. Toma performed a total anterior hip replacement on my left hip and then the same for my right hip in May of 2013. He was an ANGEL sent to me finally after many years of chronic pain, and the prior doctors not finding the cause. II was in denial when I first saw him in 2011. But with his caring and charismatic manner, he helped me realize how much I needed the surgery. I work in a medical setting and I have never met a surgeon that is so compassionate and personable as Dr. Toma. But just as important is his amazing skill as a top notch orthopedic surgeon and medical doctor. Of course the staff that assisted him was wonderful too. Since then I have become more active than ever! I have run several races making top 5% in my age range. (I decided to stop to preserve my beautiful prostheses!) I also am swimming and snorkeling, biking, hiking, dancing, doing yoga. Before the operations I could barely walk, tie my shoes or get into my car! I was also falling down regularly. You are a Godsend Dr. Louay Toma! and I am forever grateful to you and John Muir Orthepedic staff and specialists!! I was given a new lease on life!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

Dr. Toma is absolutely incredible! From start to finish, his professionalism, care and expertise made what was a stressful situation for me, very easy. I had so much pain prior to getting my hip done by him and after I feel like a new man. My hip was very bad, but Dr. Toma cleaned it up and did the procedure flawlessly. I highly recommend him to anyone needing a hip replacement.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

I recently required full anterior hip replacement and some reconstruction. I had never had surgery in my life, and I am pretty old. So, the first thing I made a point of noticing about Dr. Toma were his hands, because besides his brain, his hands ran a close second. After that, it was his compassion. Dr. Toma passed with flying colors, and I went on to have the surgery which has proved fabulous. Dr. Toma had me singing "louay louay louay louuuuu ayyyyyy; louay louay louay louuuu wahhhh" for a few weeks post surgery due to the excitement of after Over Two Years of very bad hip anatomy, I was mobile again. Alright Alright Alright! I don't need Adele -- I just needed an excellent doctor and surgeon and that is the level of care and expertise I experienced with Dr. Toma, and Christine, Melissa, and Karen, his immediate staff. They are all outstanding professionals.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

I had a anterior hip replacement done by Dr. Toma on a Monday by the time I left the hospital on Wednesday I did not require any pain medication. I was able to climb two flights of stairs when I returned home. By two weeks I could walk with no discomfort and with almost no limp at all. I put off having this surgery for several years because I was scared to have it done. Dr. Toma did an amazing job and if I had known how fast the recovery was going to be I would never have put off having the surgery done. I hope this will help someone else who is putting off surgery because of fear. Dr. Toma is a great surgeon!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Dr. Toma has done thousands of Anterior Hip Replacements. He's high tech and detail oriented. He's nice and easy to talk to. I had a hip replacement on Jan. 7th and am doing great. I did a lot of Internet research before I selected Dr. Toma. I determined that Anterior approach THR with Dr. Toma was the best choice even though I had a successful hip resurfacing in 2006 on my other hip.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

The first thing I noticed about Dr. Toma was his confidence. I was in such pain and he reassured me that once my hip replacement was done, the pain would be gone. He was right. There was no swelling, and I was up and walking the afternoon of the surgery. He is calm, gentle, well-spoken and has an excellent PA to assist him. He is an artist and a genius in my eyes. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing this surgery. ~Gayle Cooper

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

I would give Dr. Toma ten stars if I could. Best experience for both hip replacements. He did an excellent job and would not hesitate recommending him to all....Marcia Flores

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

Could not ask for a better surgeon. A little quite but that is better than some one who never stops talking . He gives you the time you need. I am now almost a year post hip surgery and have been hiking , dancing , swimming , work out at the gym and I can play with my grandchildre n and my husband. What more could you want.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

I went to Dr. Toma with a bad hip causing many sleepless nights and pain due to walking. He suggested a hip replacement and I am extremely please with the results. I was able to ride my motorcycle over 4, 000 miles 7 weeks after surgery and I did a 6 mile high sierra hike at 9 weeks post surgery. I generally run in the other direction from surgery and the mention of it but this surgery has been a very positive experience and if need I would do it again on my other hip. Thanks Dr. Toma, Kurt

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr. Louay Toma's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Toma is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon with 19 years experience, and he was awarded M.D. of the Quarter in 2011 by the John Muir Medical Center in Concord. He performs surgery at John Muir Medical Center, Mt. Diablo Medical Center. Dr. Toma began practicing orthopedic medicine in 1993 after earning his medical degree from the University of Texas Medical School. His internship in general surgery and residency in orthopedic surgery gave him the confidence and skill necessary to develop innovative treatment programs that speed recovery and get results.

• English

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1988)
  • University of Texas Houston Medical School (Grad. 1988)

• Hip replacement