Ratings for Dr. Kevin A. Stephens

Dr. Stephens has horrible front office people. The front office girl was very rude and made up all kind of excuses about why BCBS didn't pay the claim. She said it was applied to my deductible. Then she said it was because pre-existing. Neither were correct. She wanted $175.00 before I could see the doctor. I asked her if I could call BCBS and try to fix the problem on the phone and have her talk to them. She said I had missed my allotted time and couldn't see the doctor. I explained that I had just driven 1 hour to the appointment. I left. The next day I got the problem fixed with BCBS, but no thanks to Dr. Stephen's billing clerk. He was paid in full but the terrible customer service never had to occur. Now they won't give me copies of lab results which were ordered and I haven't seen. I am having to file complaints against him with the Texas Attorney General's Office, The Texas Board of Medical Examiners, and the Federal Health and Human Services Office.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

I have been going to Dr.Stephens for 14yrs now and recommend him to my friends.Though I agree with most on here about how you can NEVER get in touch with him unless you have an appointment and have had problems with important paperwork not getting processed when needed to my company (which btw can affect my employment).I find Nurse Jennie to be friendly and professional.I have had a few bumps in the road though with the front personnel,past and present. Today was a BUMP! Had a scheduled appt. today for a few weeks now, went to appt and was told that my ins. was "teminated"!(NEVER happened to me before so I was alarmed) Cindy, the front office assistant,said she found this out a week ago but she "Cant call EVERYBODY!" Hmmm?? So,knowing this VERY important info, still had me come down there,she wouldn't call ins., So MY time wasted, had to reschedule(turns out it was a glitch with Ins.)and when I asked again why she didn't give me a call she was rude and put off and offered no apology.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2012

Sorry, Jennie, but you have to stand on the other side of glass and you'll see what others are talking about.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

I am that staff you are referring to. I'll be honest and say that I was quite befuddled when I read how discourteous, unhelpful, rude and that I treated patients with a lack of respect. First of all, all messages/requests/questions/refills (phone and fax) are given to Dr. Stephens upon receipt. Second, This is a small office. There are three of us here. My desk is just outside of Dr. Stephens office. Should I be talking or treating patients with anything other than true sincerity, I don't believe I would be working here. Patients have a responsibility and an accountability to be aware of their insurance coverage, any changes that may happen as well as their pharmacy formularies. I have no control over your relationship with your insurance or your pharmacy that would have caused "problems". My apologies if this offends you. I find it hard to believe that your experience was so completly out of control. Jennie

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

Dr. Stephens is wonderful! I've been going to him for 6 years and wouldn't want anyone else. I think his staff is friendly and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Dr. Stephens is a fine doctor. His staff is horrible. They are rude and unhelpful. They did not give him several messages regarding follow up questions. Dr. Stephens did no follow up himself. The staff did not pass along refill and authorization requests causing me to pay out of pocket and be without medication causing side effects from the lack of medication. The staff's lack of concern with patients is attrocious. I can not believe the doctor is not concerned about a staff who treats his patients with disregard!

flag | Submitted November 23, 2011

Dr. Stephens is the best. I have referred him to many of my co-workers and we all are amazed by his knowledge, care and compassion. His staff is always pleasant and helpful.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

Been going to Dr Stephens for a while. He's a great doc and is very punctual. His staff is wonderful I can whole heartedly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2010

Love Dr. Stephens. His bedside manner is awesome. You can talk to him about anything, excactly the way a relationship with your physician should be.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2009

I called to make an appointment and the receptions was extremely rude, she asked if I was a returning patient and when I said no she immediately said there are no available bookings until march and then hung up.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2009

Dr. Kevin A. Stephens's Credentials

• University Of Arizona College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Delta Dental