Ratings for Dr. Leila Ostovar-Kermani

Absolutely terrible. Totally forgot about my MRI. Was very cold and not knowledgable. Do not go here.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Absolutely terrible!!! Don't go to her unless you want to feel like all hope is lost and that you are stuck with your condition forever. She walks around in her high heels telling you to go buy shoe inserts at Walgreens. She barely looked at my foot and said I'd just have to get used to wearing different shoes. She had no compassion or empathy. Wish I could give zero stars but that wasn't an option.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

worse doctor ever. only cares about money and getting paid. deliberately sees patients and charges an insane amount, saying that all of the sudden the insurance doesn't cover the visit, even though I called ahead to confirm and found her through my insurance internal site. RIDICULOUS.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Dr Kermani gave me a diagnosis that contradicted a diagnosis I received from another very respected podiatrist. But what really disappointed (infuriated) me was that she didn't warn me in my first visit, before paying USD 500 for my orthotics, that they would probably NOT fit ANY of my shoes. In my second visit, she advised me to go "shoe-shopping", as if I had $500 to spend in orthotics and another $500-$1,000 to spend in big-sizeshoes, sneakers, etc. Totally unprofessional.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

Took time to analyze my problem and answer my questions. Considered cause of problem that other doctors hadn't. I had almost canceled based on the reviews I found here, but I'm glad I didn't. She couldn't have been nicer or more professional.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013

Very disappointed as the visits were not helpful. At my first visit, Dr. Kermani wasn't sure if my foot was broken or just irritated. After 3 weeks I returned and checked in with the front desk, 45 minutes later I was told the Dr. wasn't in that day. I was furious. I returned the next week to be told in a 5 minute visit that I had to visit an orthopedic surgeon. These two visits cost me $220 even with blue cross/blue shield. There were hidden costs because of the building the center occupies. I have never before had this issue with NYU doctors. I wish I had never gone to this doctor nor dealt with such an unprofessional office.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

She was a very nice doctor, she really took her time to explain to me what was wrong with my foot

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

Dr. Kermani was very knowledgeable. She helped me a lot in my progress

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

Dr. Kermani came highly recommended from a doctor whom I respect, but I was truly disappointed. For my $20 co-pay, I got $20 worth of attention at the clinic where Dr.Kermani saw me. The receptionists were unwelcoming: they refused to even look up when I approached the desk. Although I was on time for my appointments, I had to wait to get their attention and then once taken into the examining room, I waited 30 minutes for Dr. Kermani to appear. My first visit, took THREE HOURS! Eight weeks later on my return visit, Dr. Kermani did not even examen my foot (She did not even LOOK at it), but immediately criticized the physical therapist, whom she did not know, for the lack of progress. Since then, I have found a doctor elsewhere, who closely examined my foot and did not make me wait hours, even when another x-ray was needed.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2011

Dr. Kermani was extremely cold when explaining my condition to me. She looked at my chart for a second and told me that there wasn't much that could be done and that I would just have to deal. Dr. Kermani wouldn't even examine my foot until I asked - she acted as though she was disgusted by feet (and she's a podiatrist!). I would not recommend Dr. Leila Ostovar-Kermani to anyone. Though, I should mention that her nurses and staff were very nice.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2010

Dr. Leila Ostovar-Kermani's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 2003)