Ratings for Dr. Anthony F. Guanciale

In September 2015 I had Dr Guanciale for L4-L5 L5-S1 360 spinal fusion surgery(as well as some other smaller things that went along with it). I had severe pain in lower back/upper buttocks with numbness down my leg. I have to say Dr Guanciale is a wonderful surgeon. I have zero of the symptoms I had prior to my surgery. I won't candy coat it and tell you that it's a breeze, it's not. I don't usually write reviews but felt the need because Dr Guanciale gave me my life back.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Dr Guanciale is a gifted and passionate surgeon. He is sensitive to the needs of his patients. He does not rush through an examination but takes the time to fully answer your questions. He completed a necessary 9-level spinal fusion to correct severe adult scoliosis and did an amazing job. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

AVOID THIS DOCTOR IF POSSIBLE. I had seen Guanciale several times, had epidurals, and then came back 9 months later to see what other options were available. He seemed insulted that I inquired about treatments such as radiofrequency ablation or pain blocks. He stated “I’m a surgeon. I don’t perform these procedures nor do I know anything about them”. He tried to get me out of his office as quickly as possible. He has absolutely no personality at all. He doesn’t make or even try to make you feel welcome. He’s like a robot.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2015

Poor bedside manner. Expected to do physical therapy and exercise for an extended amount of time which is impossible due to the condition. Went to see this doctor to fix the problem because of being unable to exercise or do physical therapy. He talked in circles and appeared to not be concerned of the problem. X-rays and MRI for one thing but talked about a completely different thing when he came into the examination room.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2013

Dr. Anthony F. Guanciale's Credentials

• Medical College Of Ohio At Toledo (Grad. 1989)

• Blue Cross Of California