Ratings for Dr. Franklin A. Rumore

I’m 60 years old, have seen numerous doctors over these many years, including psychiatrists. In my opinion, I can say without a doubt that Dr. Frank Rumore is the most arrogant and unprofessional doctor I have ever had the misfortune of treating me. Dr. Rumore is quite quick with his script pad because he doesn’t care to waste his time … perhaps that’s not a good thing. His treatment is so poor that I decided to write this rating, as well as to report my detailed experience of his service to United Health Care, my insurance carrier. I usually do not have time for this sort of thing. In closing, you would be well advised to Google his name and check him out for yourself on this and other rating sites “before” you decide to seek treatment from him. I sure wish I had!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Terrible experience with this doctor. Very unfriendly and cold. Couldn't be bothered to explain why he was prescribing a medicine change from previous doctor. Said take it or leave it. Left and will never return. No one should encourage this type of unprofessional behavior. Accidental no show fee is full price of visit and staff is rude about it. To be avoided.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

First of all, Dr. Rumore is a PYSCHIATRIST, not a PYSCHOLOGIST! After reading reviews I realized many of you don't understand there is a major difference. For those of you that need to be in therapy or counseling, you need to seek out the care of a PYSCHOLOGIST. 4 for staff only because his staff is off-site, and by the way, that has nothing to do with him. Most call centers are off-site. Judith is the sweetest person. A 5 for punctuality, he is always on time. If anything, he takes me back early. I gave him a 4 for helpfulness, only because of the call center being off-site. He really deserves a 5 because he is always willing to rearrange or fit his clients in if needed and I have been late and he always still sees me. He gets a 5 for being knowledgeable. Very educated man. One of the most top notch schools for his field of his practice. Remember, a Pyschiatrist is not a Pyschologist. Remember, a Pyschologist can't prescribe, only diagnose. A Pyschiatrist can do both.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2014

Very weird and akward man. Very cold. He have no staff, there is no way to get in touch with him. He prescribed me wrong medication. didnt even bother to change it. waist of money ant time. he have answearing office and the ladys are behavin very unproffesional. Dont go there.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013

If you care at all about the individual you are seeking treatment for, then you will not take them to Frank Rumore. We were warned that he was not very talkative or "warm", but we were certainly not prepared for the level of care that our son received. He is cold and all business, certainly NOT a good choice for pediatric care. Frank Rumore has little or no concern for his patients. His only concern is that he receives payment. He really has no business continuing to practice. He should have retired LONG ago. Be VERY aware. He gets one star simply because you can't give ZERO stars. ***Before moving forward with this doctor I HIGHLY recommend that you read the FILTERED reviews on Yelp. They all say the same thing...he is ALL about the $ and cares not for his clients!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

The all time worst experience EVER! He had prescribed my 10 year old 60 MG of Adderall a day! After I had told him that he was unable to sleep for 36 hours after only taking the first 20MG, he suggested that I keep giving him more until he builds up to the 60MG he wanted him to take daily. He prescribed this without even doing a physical on him. This was quite a while ago and I have to say that I'm shocked that he is still doing this. I had an adult friend who was prescribed the same thing (from a different doc) but only 10MG's because of it's potency. Rumore also had prescribed 2 other drugs before the Adderall with the knowledge that my husband and I specifically asked him not to have any Ridlin based drug. After finding out later that this drug is like another form of speed and that we're lucky that my son didn't have a heart condition or it could have been worse. I'm only writing this so that another child doesn't have this dangerous experience.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2011

By far one of the worst psychiatrists I have EVER been to. Treated me flippantly and could have cared less about me as a person. I was simply an appointment. Dr. Rumore disregarded the withdrawal effects I had from Lexapro and told me it was just anxiety. This concerned me greatly considering all the reviews I read online about withdrawal effects matched up to what I was feeling. I felt frustrated and angry with the lack of care Dr. Rumore provided me with. Doctors like him should not be allowed to practice. Seeing this jerk of a doctor was a waste of my time and money. Worse yet, my mental health suffered due to his lack of care and poor treatment plan. His job is to make sure I feel better and am comfortable if/while changing medications. I would not recommend Dr. Rumore to anyone who wants to understand the medications they are on or will be taking, wants to feel better, wants more than 5 minutes for an appointment, expects to be treated with respect or wants a caring psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

Uncaring, only looking to collect money, write a prescription, and show you to the door. We took our 11 year old sone to see him, and Dr. Rumore didn't want to have the give and take necessary to prescribe medication that would work for our son. If you have another choice, see a different psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2011

He's a very efficient psychiatrist. He's also extremely responsive. Every time I've had to get ahold of him he's promptly responded and even checks in to make sure I'm doing okay. As a psychiatrist I'd say he's not bad.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2010

Dr. Rumore is a very professional doctor. He gets updates from me and asks appropriate questions about how I'm doing. He is not a psychotherapist and we only focus on medication management. He has always been open to my questions and suggestions, and has worked with me for years. He has no trouble explaining things or finding answers if you ask the questions.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2010

Dr. Franklin A. Rumore's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1967)