Ratings for Dr. Kenneth W. Ordene

As a type 1 diabetic for over 30 years I have seen many doctors over the years. Dr. Ordene's knowledge and professionalism is head and shoulders above the majority of them. He is focused on patient care and "solving a problem" while proceeding in a conservative manner while keeping patient desires and expectations in mind. I have recommended Dr. Ordene to a number of people who all seem comfortable and are satisfied with his care.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Had to cancel my appointment, wasn't asked for a reason and then told they need a card because I was 2 hours late canceling. Disgraceful how I was spoken to. Then told I have to pay for my records! I would NOT suggest this office to anyone and subject them to this abuse!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2016

Dr. Kenneth W. Ordene's response
In our office we attempt to find answers that are acceptable and realistic for every patient. We also cannot compromise our standard of care and professionalism. We try to respond to legitimate needs in a timely manner, unfortunately some patients are inappropriate in attitude and demands. It is not “ok” for a patient to raise their voices when interacting with staff. It is also necessary for every office to have a standard protocol for patients to follow which includes cancellation policies, request for medical records and insurance requests. These policies always need to be consistent and reasonable for both Doctor and Patient. This allows patients who need to see a Doctor -follow a requested cancellation policy (which is noted on forms) to follow these criteria for cancellation of their appointments. A set time frame for cancellation, allows other patients to fill these much requested time slots. We always attempt to be as accommodating as possible. Sometimes patients are hostile and unreasonable at every encounter in a physicians’ office. There is no question that some patients feel entitled to be verbally abusive to office staff and then blame the office for all their problems.

Submitted March 6, 2016

Highly recommend this doctor. I was diagnosed with hyperthyrodism from my family doctor and was told I needed an endocrinologist. Dr. Ordene's approach was slow and steady to get everything under control. I liked this approach verses another endocrinologist who's approach was fast and aggressive and wanted to quadruple all my meds!! Dr. Ordene would run tests to see how I'm adjusting to the meds. And when the last test came back as "everything was good"...I explained to him that I was not good at all. He LISTENED to me and ordered an additional test. Sure enough...it indicitated I had an adrenal gland turmor. I needed to see a surgeon to get the tumor removed. I am now on just one small dose of Bystolic a day, and that is it. I am feeling so much better. If I would have listened to that other endocrinologist, I would be drugged up with 3 different kinds of meds at all high doses. Thank goodness for Doctors who LISTEN like Dr. Ordene.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

One of the worse doctors I have ever met!! Horrible bed side manners!! He will not return any of your calls when you need him. I was feeling sick on the thyroid medication and needed to speak to him and he never called back. I called 5 times over the course of 2 weeks and I never got a call back. He doesn't like when you ask any questions during the visit. He just looks at your TSH #'s and prescribes you medicine, the whole process takes 5 minutes, if you ask him a question he looks at you like your an idiot. I felt as if I was being treated by a robot.

Submitted November 5, 2014

He is a wonderful Doctor, who helped me get my diabetes under control.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Ordene for about 3 years now, & during that time he has helped me in a huge way. I was seeing another endocrinologist for 2 years who was treating me for Type 2, but making no progress in getting my numbers under control. But I kept seeing him because he took my insurance. Dr. Ordene does not accept my insurance but he's so worth it to me - he was able to determine that I am Type 1, so he was then able to get my numbers under control. Because of Dr. Ordene, I am now able to safely live with my Type 1. I recommend him very highly.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2012

I became a patient of Dr. Ordene one year ago and have seen him 5 or 6 times this past year. My problem has been resolved quite satisfactorily by Dr. Ordene and I am happy to recommend him to others looking for a very knowledgeable and competent endocrinologist. In addition, I found two unusual and major benefits of using this office in Freehold. I never waited more than 5 minutes to see the doctor. He is a no nonsense physician who gets right down to the business at hand and doesn't waste your time or his with small talk. He also at the end gives you a printout summary of your current visit's information and all prior visits so you can compare your progress and keep a record of it.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

I found the staff to be good. I always greet them with a smile and usually get one back.. In 3 years I have never had an issue. I hate the drive thru window thing when you arrive but understand that some patients would take advantage of easy access to the staff. dr. Ordene is a curmudgeon. He is friendly when you are friendly back. He answers questions when you ask but lacks the sensitivity that some desire when dealing with health issues. He does like to write prescriptions and does freely. In all fairness, he does his job but with little bed side manner. Of course I have my own idea of what a good doctor is, someone who will tell me what to do and keep after me everyday.. Maybe that is my spouse not my doctor! I am trying to find the perfect physician that guides me to a healthier life. If I find them I will let you know.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

The office staff at this office is absolutely HORRIBLE. In particular, the Office Manager, Lisa, is extremely rude, arrogant, was literally yelling at me in a very condescending, abusive attitude. When I asked her why she was speaking to me so rudely, she answered by saying that if I didn't like what she had to say, there were other doctors I could see. She made it quite loudly and rudely clear that she did not care about having my business nor did she care about my condition. Lisa has no compassion for the patients and her horrifying lack of communication and interpersonal skills makes it a shock that she is the Manager of this office. If the staff, especially the office manager Lisa, is any indication of how patients would be treated at this office, I would never recommend that anyone, especially those of us dealing with challenging health issues, be exposed to the HOSTILE, rude, unprofessional behavior of the people who work at Dr. Ordene's office.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2012

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Dr. Kenneth W. Ordene's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "As a type 1 diabetic for over 30 years I have seen many doctors over the years. Dr. Ordene's knowledge and professionalism is head and shoulders above the major..."

March 8, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Had to cancel my appointment, wasn't asked for a reason and then told they need a card because I was 2 hours late canceling. Disgraceful how I was spoken to. Th..."

February 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Highly recommend this doctor. I was diagnosed with hyperthyrodism from my family doctor and was told I needed an endocrinologist. Dr. Ordene's approach was sl..."

December 8, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Just read the comment below from another patient dated feb 21, 2012 - it is exactly what I dealt with, especially the office manager, Lisa. Then when I wanted ..."

November 13, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "One of the worse doctors I have ever met!! Horrible bed side manners!! He will not return any of your calls when you need him. I was feeling sick on the thyroid..."

November 5, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=24499'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.8

February 18, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=24499'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.0

February 5, 2014