Ratings for Dr. John D. Galligan

Dr. Galligan told me the only way to fix my ankle was through surgery. He knew I had no insurance, but assured me that they would work w/ me. When I qualified for 100% financial assistance my diagnosis was changed to "surgery being elective" & I no longer qualified for financial help so my surgery was canceled. He also had his practice manager, Therese, tell me he would no longer see me as a patient. He is unethical & so is his staff. His nurse at the time, Kelly, actually said to me, "I don't know about you, but when I went to school I worked so I would have insurance." His billing manager, Katie, said since I qualified for 100% assistance I would be getting a "very expensive surgery for free so therefore they were canceling my appointment." I never asked for a free surgery, it's what the hospital qualified me for. I had planned on paying quite a few thousands of dollars & had actually made arrangements to pay some of it. Why offer assistance just to take it away once you qualify?

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013

Dr.Galligan is the absolute best dr I've dealt w to this day. He does very well w explaining your injury. He does this w compassion which I loved. He seemed to truly care about what I was going through. He didn't let me talk negative about myself. He said we WILL fix this and he did. I still have some recovery to do since it was a bad break but I will never go to anyone else for my ankle/foot! He's amazing and great at what he does. I recommend him for anyone who has a foot/ankle injury.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

I HAD A POSTERIOR TIBIAL TENDON TRANSFER & AN OSTEOTOMY, WITH DR GALLIGAN HE & HIS STAFF EXPLAINED TO ME IN DETAIL THE PROCEDURE RISKS & BENFITS NUMEROUS TIMES BEFORE THE PROCEDURE, AS WELL AS AFTER. I WAS NEVER RUSHED, WE TRAVELLED 5 HRS TO SEE HIM & WERE SCHED SO IT WAS FLEXIBLE FOR US. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM AS HE ALSO EXPLAINED IT WOULD BE A LONG RECOVERY & HE WAS CORRECT IN EVERYTHING HE TOLD ME SURGERY WAS 06/07/2012

flag | Submitted February 3, 2013

I had a ankle ATFL tear that had to be repaired. Dr. Galligan and his staff was helpful, and explained the process in terms that make sense. I had some over scar tissue formation and had to have a second surgey, and with my scedule Dr. galligan made it possible to have the probelm fixed asap even on his birthday. If I ever had another ankle problem I will 100% go back to Doc. G.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2011

Dr. Galligan treated me for a tongue fractured calcaneous (fractured heel). A very painful and complicated injury. His knowledge and honesty of the injury has helped me cope with the long and painful healing process. Hats off to Dr. Galligan, his staff and the Nebraska Orthopedic Specialist hospital. Always prompt, friendly and willing to accomodate any questions. In fact, I received a visit from Dr. Galligan at the hospital on his day off to assess my pain needs (I may owe him a round of golf!) I am 9+ weeks into this injury and all is progressing as explained by him along the way.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2010

Dr. John D. Galligan's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)