Ratings for Dr. William J. Popovic

My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 years ago. Dr. Popovic didn't think it was very serious and didn't need a double mastectomy, but my mother had him do it anyways. I always heard this guy was a jerk from her friends and family but never met him. My father hated him because he would hit on my mother in front of him. She had her follow ups after the mastectomy but Dr. Popovic said she could come once a year. August 10th 2013 my mother was diagnosed with brain cancer at Red Bud hospital. She saw him that Monday and he confirmed it. After that we never saw him again. My 72 year old father made her an appointment and no one does reminder calls there. He only works 2 days a week so your out at least 2 weeks to get in. The Cancer Center in Swansea agreed he has bad bedside manners and patients complain. My mother died before she ever got in to see him. He doesn't do hospital visits so he sent another oncologist to the hospital to tell my mom she's terminal. He's an awful doctor.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

I was referred to him by an ears, nose, and throat doctor. I have nothing bad to say about Dr Popovic. I've had cancer twice, and for the love of God, and the experience of my dr, I am still here.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012

Dr. William J. Popovic's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)