Ratings for Dr. Edward I. Ratkovich

I went to the ER with what I thought was a broken foot. They sent me home saying it looked like a bad sprain and to follow up with a specialist. I saw Dr. Ratkovich the next week and with further tests he confirmed that 5 bones were actually broken and there was a small dislocation. He recommended surgery immediately that week to prevent further problems with the dislocated joint. He was very kind, friendly, patient and confident. While I wasn't awake to oversee them, it seems that he performed the surgeries well and his sutures were very neat and clean. Another commenter mentioned him commenting on drugs. He did recommend to take the lower dose of pain meds if possible, which I appreciate in a dr considering society's issues with opiates. I'm glad I chose Dr. Ratkovich and would chose him again for the issues I have had.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Be advised, while supposedly fixing my cliff foot he cut my Achilles Tendon way too short and now I have hammer toes because of it and I lose my balance consistently... he had the NERVE to try and say they were like that post surgery! He took advantage of me because I had Medicaid. Now there's nothing I can do besides sue. So please don't go with him. He ruined my life. Best of Luck finding a REAL good doctor, but know it's not him!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

Doctor is fine, did great job on my foot surgery after motorcycle accident.The Co he works for SUCKS Parkview ortho is terrible, rude, inconsiderate, obnoxious. I have an INS claim and wouldn't left me see doctor unless final bill was paid..Soooo needless to say I have not seen doctor for final visit...

flag | Submitted May 13, 2014

This doctor was very rude, condescending and spent about three minutes with me in regard to an ankle injury. But before he even saw me he ordered numerous x-rays and the technician didn't even provide me with a leaded vest until it was requested. His first statement to me was that it wasn't broken or else I wouldn't be able to walk on it. So why then did he want x-rays before he even saw me? Another thing was that even though it wasn't broken he ordered me a walking boot that was the full length of my leg. That decision to order that boot made me feel like he was getting some kind of kickback from the company that makes them because it was totally unnecessary, uncomfortable and really uncalled for but who am I to deny a doctor's order? Then he finished the three minute visit with the question "you don't need pain medicine do you" . I bet if he was getting kickbacks from a pharmaceutical company he would have written me a prescription for some medicine. Stay away from him.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

Dr. Edward I. Ratkovich's Credentials

• Dr. William M. Scholl College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 2003)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Orland Park, IL