Ratings for Dr. Christopher D. Harner

I saw doctor harner in the 1990's. I had a very serious accident and my knee was shattered. Complete dislocation and subsequently I had torn all 4 ligaments and the large tendon that supports the outside of the leg. I 1st went to a surgeon that was in my insurance network. After 2 surgeries and 2 years of frustration I went to see harner. He was out of network for me but he took my case and even arranged to have the surgery covered. I trusted doc harner and decided to do exactly what he said and 2 surgeries later I was on my way back. Lately I am having a problem and I am going back to see doc harner but this is 18years after my last surgery and I wouldn't go anywhere else unless I had no other choice. If you are looking to get into see your doctor close to your appointment time or you want a doctor who will be empathetic and engaged then you won't like him though. But if you want your knee fixed and fixed right then he is the man.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2015

I had major knee surgery performed by Dr. Harner 9 years ago, ACL reconstruct and tibial osteotomy. At the initial appt he was blunt and no nonsense, old me how it was going to go if he did my surgery. With each subsequent appt he was more and more congenial, but more importantly, he was accurate about recovery, and I was immensely glad I sought him out for a second opinion. I know had I stayed with my first dr that his recommended fix would only have been a bandaid solution that would not be long range good. I won't trust my knee to anybody else.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2012

I have had knee problems over the past 3 months. I hoped that after seeing Dr. Harner I would know what were my problems, but unfortunately I do not. After an initial visit with Harner and an MRI on my right knee, I came back for a third appointment to hear his diagnosis. I waited 45 minutes in an examination room. When he finally arrived, he quickly looked at my MRI, told me there were no problems, and got up to leave. I asked him questions, but every one was answered with "there are no problems, I don't know why you're having pain." His justification was that because the MRI showed no problems, there were none. But as a doctor, he's going to need to use his head every once and a while--not all medical issues show up on x-rays, MRIs, etc. Overall, Harner was rude, condescending, offered me no alternative solutions for treatment, did not address my questions, and left having seen me for less than five minutes. I would not recommend Harner to any prospective patients.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2012

Was told by another Dr to hang up the cleats I am done playing after a Torn ACL and Meniscus. I was 25 yrs old and that was unacceptable to me. I met with DR Harner and he recommended surgery to get it fixed. He wasn't the most "talkative" Dr I've ever met. However, he was extremely knowledgeable. He answered all of my questions, whether I liked the answers or not. He was straight to the point and after the surgery and physical therapy, everything that he had told me was accurate. If you're looking for a yes man Dr to do and say everything to make you happy you're going to the wrong Dr. He'll tell you how he's going to do the surgery and how you're going to heal and he will be dead on! I recommend him to everyone that i know that has knee issues. And will continue to do so for the rest of my life! I am 29 yrs old and playing on 3 Ice Hockey Teams, an Inline Hockey team, and a Broomball team and in the best shape of my life!!! Thank You Dr Harner!

flag | Submitted December 19, 2011

Very rude, we waited in the office for three hours, and the physician was unable to give us a minute of his time. He stated, he had to dictate first and never provided a treatment plan nor am I sure reviewed the diagnostic testing available, he was unsure as to wether we performed the MRI, it was completed we never obtained an impression of the diagnosis, prognosis or treatment from this physician.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2011

Wonderful man. He has saved my life! I had two previous failed knee surgeries before seeking out Dr. Harner. I had just about given up hope of my knee ever functioning normally again and was forced to possibly look at the fact I'm 21 and might have to be on SSI the rest of my life. However, he fixed my leg, and on top of that you can barely see where he cut along my old scars. I am having an issue with one of the incisions healing up properly so he referred me to a plastic surgeon to make sure I don't end up with a nasty scar. If you have have a complex case like mine was, he is the man to go to!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2010

Dr. Harner was FABULOUS! He did meniscus sx on both of my knees and I had no complications whatsoever. His PA (Mary Ann?) was, also, great. I would recommend Dr. Harner to ANYONE!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2010

Dr. Harner repaired my ACL about 6 years ago. At the time I was ~5'10" and now I am 6'4". He noticed that I was still growing and modified the procedure as to not disrupt my growth plates. He did a WONDERFUL job with the surgery and was very pleasant and helpful in all follow up visits. I am thankful that I went to him otherwise I would more than likely have huge scars and one short leg.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2008

Dr. Harner did not help my teenage daughter. after his kurt and wrong diagnosis, he stood with his hand on the door knob while I felt rushed to ask questions. Since then, my daugher has had knee surgery from another orthopedic surgeon and is fully recovered. He treated my daugher as if she were making up her symptoms -- he even sent us for a useless BONE SCAN where she was injected with radio-active dye!!! I felt he didn't want to be bothered with a high school athlete and would rather spend his time with the area's "pro" athletes.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2008

The best of the best. Terrific sense of humour in addition to being among the best knee surgeons in the country.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2006

Dr. Christopher D. Harner's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1981)