Ratings for Dr. David A. O'Toole

Dr.O'Toole is great. His office manager is not fit to work with the public. Had a bad conversation with him and the more i talked to him he got more bossy talking. Dr. O'Toole needs a professional office manager asap.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2016

Most up front friendly caring doctor ive ever had!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

The doctor was very nice, detailed, professional and compassionate. The staff at the hospital that worked with him prior and during the procedures were all very nice. The office leaves a lot to be desired. I will not go into details. But I will say that I am surprised from the comments made prior (in 2014) that the detailed behavior is still allowed to continue in the office (3rd qtr 2015). This has to be hurting the doctor's and hospital's business and ratings. I almost left but decided to give them another chance. Patients are already in pain dealing with a difficult personality is the last thing we should have to be challenged with.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

I met with Dr. O'Toole today for the first time, his nurse Stacy was very pleasant as was the receptionist who took all of my information. The doctor must have read my file beforehand because he knew my background and my symptoms before we started talking in depth. If it wasn't for the persistance of my general practioner's nurse I never would have gotten an appointment. When I talked to a gentleman in his office the first time I called he wanted to know why I wanted to see Dr. O'Toole and when I was about 1/3 of the way explaining to him about my symptons and who refered me I was told that the doctor only does infusions and that he could not help me . I called back my reffering physcian's nurse and told her what happened and within an hour the guy called me back and acted like we never talked but wanted to make an appointment with me and Dr. O'Toole. The doctor spent a good 40 minutes with me and he was adamant that he had answered any questions that I might have. So I would have to say that after one visit I am very confident that I am in good hands.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2015

My experience with this office and Dr. O'Tooles in how inconsiderate they are. My appointment was for March 11, 2014. My mother suffered a pulmonary embolism on March 6 and was taking to the emergency room and placed on a respirator. The ER doctor told us there was no hope and that we need to make a decision. We decided to wait 3 days to see if there was any improvements. From the 6th to the 10th I was by my mother side in intensive care. We took her off the respirator on Sunday the 9th and on Monday she was moved to the floor. We were basically waiting for my mother to pass. When I remembered I had an appointment I called the office to cancel on the morning of. My mother passed on Thursday the 13th. We never left her side. Weeks later I called Dr. O'Toole's office to reschedule and was told that they would not accept me as a patient because I had made a cancellation. I began to explain why I had missed my appointment and that my mother was dying at the time. I was still told that they would not accept me. With that being said, why would I want to go to a doctor who has no compassion for the lives of his patients and that there are certain circumstances where you will not be able to make you appointments. And I would think choosing to be by my dying mother's side would be an acceptable reason for not meeting an appointment. Instead I went to see Dr. Mark Herman in Danville, Virginia. He is great! My pain is gone without medication. My rating reflects Dr. O'Toole and his policies.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

My experience with Dr. O'Tooles office has been great. I was in pain for my neck back shoulders and arms for about 9 months I went to several different doctors from eden to Greensboro and finally found Dr. O'Toole. I had injections in my neck and arm and after a few weeks. I was back to my old self. I could not believe how good I felt. If it hadn't been for him I don't know what I would have done. It was driving me crazy. I know now that if I need him he is right here to help. He is a compassionate person, very knowledgeable, and explains what is wrong with you in terms that you can understand. I totally put my trust in him and thank him very much for all he has did for me.. As for the staff. I know his nurse wouldn't be walking without him. Stacy is super nice and I really like her.. The office manger is very friendly, and very helpful to me when I call and need an appointment or to ask a question. I really can't believe all these negative comments. He is very professional. I love this office and all the ones who work there. I would recommend them to anyone Very satisfied.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Office managers off the chain some one needs to put that deranged maniac back on his leash

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I'm scared of this office manager but my husband goes to Dr otolle soon

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

So far Dr O'Toole has been a great doctor but as far as the office manager goes they really need to get rid of that guy. He is rude and hateful as can be to people and he does not like me because I am one that speaks my mind back to him. The only issue I have his him we have been waiting over 2 weeks for them to get the prescription wrote for pain and I have been out of medication for over 10 days now. That is the only issue I have at this point as far as the doctor goes I would give him 5 stars.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

I can't believe this 'office manager' is still working for Dr O'Toole. I have been trying to get an appointment with hum since August..but this fool who answers the phone, says his name is Luto, gives you such a hard time & interrogates you. Will not give you an appointment, because he wanted the name of a pain clinic I went to in August, which I was not satisfied with as they did not address my issue..just wanted to give me pain killers. I do not know the name of that clinic. I had been seeing Dr O'Toole at the pain clinic at Lexington Hospital & he was great. And I know he would find out what is causing this awful pain. But that idiot is preventing me from seeing him. I am going to write him a personal letter, telling him about this person. Dr O'Toole always got 5 stars from me. So my rating does Not reflect on him.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Dr. David A. O'Toole's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in Eden, NC