Ratings for Dr. Eric Chen

My local ophthalmologist suspected a small tear in my retina and referred me to Retina Consultants of Houston. I saw Dr. Chen the next day and he repaired the tear with a laser procedure. He was good about explaining what was going on with a pucker on my retina which caused the tear (being an engineer, I ask a lot of questions). I have been going back for regular checkups to monitor the condition and feel very good about the care I have received.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

Dr. Chen and the staff worked as a cohesive team and I had an excellent and thorough exam. He provided a treatment plan and follow up. Glad to have found this doctor.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

I was diagnosed with a detached retina on May 4th by my regular eye doctor, I then drove immediately to see one of Dr. Chen's associates, Dr. Charles Wykoff, who arranged for retinal surgery immediately that same day as a precaution against things getting worse overnight. Dr. Chen performed the "bubble" procedure, his last surgery of that day, and it went perfectly. The guy's a genius, I owe my vision and my maintaining an active life to him!

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

We were ask for a $500.00 fee up front. The front desk told us that our insurance deductible had not been met when it indeed had been met. When I ask how they obtained this information I was told that the information had been looked up via our insurance companies web site. I later found out through the insurance company that our Insurance company doesn't even have a web site that gives out this type of personal information. The only way Retina Consultants of Houston at 902 Frostwood #280 could of obtained this information was through a 1-800 Customer Service Phone number. The front desk flat out lied to us. I canceled my appointment on the spot and walked out. Stay away from houstonretina.com.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

Dr. Eric Chen's Credentials

• Korean

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2005)