Ratings for Dr. Joseph F. Fiala

He has been my boys Dr. for years. He is helpful and kind. He knows autism and ADHD and is willing to medication trials.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2011

I have couple Children who have been seen by Dr, Fiala since they were born, Thank God my children are very healthy and they rarely need a dr visit, after 2 years of not seeing Dr. Fiala, I called to make an appointment for my 10 year old son for couple concerns and I recieve a very poor attitude from the reciptionist or who ever set up the appointments, we made a same day appointment she calls me in 5 minutes to tell me sorry we have to cancel, you son was terminated from our office due to a $27 payment that was not paid by my insurance company, when I asked how can we resolve this ssue, because all what matter is my sons health, she said find another provider with an ugly tone of voice and hang up the phone. Dr. Fiala your staff always been the poorst staff ever. and you will lose so many patients due to the staff yo carry in your office. I will find another povider, because Dr. Fiala only caes about who pays and who didn't at least that is how his staff is representing his office.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2010

Dr. Bolton is great here at Crosswoods Pediatrics!!! The staff are all so sweet- both on the phone and in person. My husband and I are new parents, and when our daughter was a newborn we called all the time with questions. The staff and the doctors were always so understanding and answered our questions thoroughly. The on-call nurse option is wonderful too- they always responded very quickly. I highly recommend them! Also their new office in Worthington is great too! Never a long wait.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2009

Dr. Fiala is one of the best pediatricians in town. He is thorough, thinks of children first, and is very patient. He is a good man. So is Zorica - an excellent NP. I will recommend both of them to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009

Lately, this office has made me feel like I was only a $$ and not a patient. My daughter had her 5yr well visit and I rec'd a call before the appt telling me that my insurance would not pay because it hadn't been a full year since the last. I explained that I already cleared it with my ins. co and they wanted to argue with me. Further, they also said that my ins. would not pay for FluMist. I confirmed with ins. and also had them call office to let them know. I was still confronted by billing clerk upon my arrival requesting that I pay upfront for mist even though ins. co called to say it was covered! She wanted to argue with me. I refused. I received EOB today and Aetna paid 100%! Appts are ALWAYS behind even when I've scheduled first appt after lunch! Looking for new doctor closer to home but finding all the good ones are not accepting new patients. Still looking though!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2007

We have gone to Dr. Fiala for the past 12 years, since our first child was born. When our daughter was born 2 years ago, there was no question who her pediatrician would be. He is highly knowledgeable, very patient, very kind and very thorough. He gives good, common-sense advice and we trust him with our children without reservation. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2007

This is a great doctor and person. The entire staff at Crosswoods Pediatrics is excellent. We have been there for 6 years with two children that visit frequently! He is thorough in his exams, almost to the point of being overly cautious. You can call anyday or night and they are there for you 110%. I highly recommend this doctor or anyone on his staff.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2007

Simply a fine doctor. Our children have always had good care. We have found him to be an excellent diagnostician and he always spends time to talk about what the issue is. (Which is why he usually is behind time.)

flag | Submitted January 9, 2007

Too much of an ego, doesn't trust the parents to know their child. We have 4 kids, trust me - I know our kids! Fiala was the 1st pediatrician for our 3rd child. He was "alarmed" at the initial weight loss of our 10# 3oz. baby and told me I had to quit nursing and bottle feed him. He lost 1#, which isn't uncommon, then he went right back up w/in a week. At 2 he again became "thin" for his age/ht, but he'd just started walking/running well. Fiala told me we had to make him eat even if he wasn't hungry, keep a food diary, and bring him back every 2 wks. I told him this had happened with our first two children, and they were fine, and he was causing alarm where none was due. Fiala does not like to be told by a "mere parent" what he feels lies within his "expertise". Our son is now 9 and very healthy!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2006

Our daughter is 2, has been sick about 2 months, this doctor would just keep telling me it was viral, her temp hit 105, we took her to Childrens, she had strep and ear infections. Took her back to this idiot, told me it was gone, our daughter broke out head to toe in a rash, ended up it wasn't gone and the strep infection went into her blood stream, needless to say we changed doctors and are on our way to getting better. Don't use Crosswood Pediatrics, that is where he is located. He is a joke!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2006

Dr. Joseph F. Fiala's Credentials

• Oh State Univ Coll Of Med, Columbus Oh 43210 (Grad. 1988)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan