Ratings for Dr. Dan C. Rice

I was diagnosed with Hep C, I feel Dr. Rice saved my life. He was spot on with my treatment. He made no promises, I was at stage 2 when I started the treatment, he did say, after much testing, this combination of drugs taken as prescribed should take care of it, and it did! I am now free of Hep C with no damage to my liver! Still have no idea how I got it, most likely through a blood transfusion many years ago, the important thing I free of it, thanks to Dr. Rice!!!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

I had a good experience with Dr. Rice. I have had gastro issues for years and he was good to listen to my needs. Of course there was nothing fun about the colonoscopy, but going through the process itself was fine. He was professional and the staff was very kind. I liked the fact that he didn't push me towards any particular treatment, rather gave me my options and let me choose based on my own research and his suggestion. I would definitely go back to both Dr. Rice and this particular location on James Casey.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

This doctor does not need to be practicing medicine. Staff very unprofessional. not helpful. never can get a person to talk to when i call. this doctor is a very fake person. i don't trust him at all. i'll never go back.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2011

This genius recognized that I might be having a reaction to Asacol, so he put me on a drug that metabolizes into THE SAME DRUG. Complete idiot.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

Dr. Rice and his staff were not friendly or accepting. I tried to switch to Dr. Rice as a GI Doctor based on a recommendation of a friend and they would not accept me. Now that I have read the other ratings for Dr. Rice I am glad that I didn't switch to him.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

Dr. Rice was the worst doctor I have ever seen! Not knowledgeable and doesn't like to run any tests. I saw him only once in 1 1/2 years of going there! I kept being referred to his assistant (not even a nurse) where she continued to hand me bags of pills to try. The whole place seems to be like that. Don't go here for any help! You won't get any!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2009

Dr. Rice is very knowledgeable and works hard on each case. He spent a great deal of time on my case and truly cares about your health concerns.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2009

Dr. Rice means well, but in the end he is another stubborn GI doc touting surgery and drugs. He has a habit of belittling any alternative methods that I bring up with him, saying "it won't hurt you". He had the nerve to refer to me as one of Humira's "success stories" to a drug rep last time I was there. I weight 110 pounds and take vicodin twice a day for pain...I'm not sure he's really paying attention at all. I want to find a new GI doc.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2009

Dr. Dan C. Rice's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1981)