Ratings for Dr. Mark A. Wayne

After reading other reviews, I see that Dr Wayne has the same condescending attitude with most of his patients and parents. My children don't need much medical care, and I am a capable, knowledgeable parent. Bottom line is, Dr Wayne is not the parent of my child and has no business telling me how to parent my child. A Physician should be available for reference, medical advise and medical treatment. I would never recommend Dr Wayne.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I would leave no stars if I could. Worst Dr. I have ever took my kids to see. No bed side manners. I think he chose the wrong profession. Took my son in for a fever. He said it was a cold. Sorry but my son is asthmatic and doesn't ever get a fever from just a cold. His body was fighting something obviously... Hint the fever. He refused antibiotics which was ok. But he didn't exam my son well enough knowing he has asthma and always get upper respiratory infections or strep. He only did a flu test. This was a Friday and my husband took him in to see dr Wayne. Being a concerned mom with a 5 yr old who's fever wasn't breaking with meds or bath I called the nurse to see if he could call in antibiotics since we were going into the weekend. Dr Wayne called me back sounding irritated by my concerns and told me I should've taken my son in instead of my husband if I'm so concerned. I was at complete shock from his response I just ended the call. Well come Sunday I took my son into the ER and he developed pneumonia. Which I believe could've have been prevented if he would've did a thorough check.. Especially since he's asthmatic and could get upper respiratory infection. But besides all of that, I'm still in shock with his bed side manners. Also while sharing this story I've come to find out others who have experienced same horrible bed side manners. How does he still have his practice?

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

Please don't take your child or children to this doctor. My daughter almost died and he misdiagnosed her and sent us home with a 102.8 fever. Please listen to me. He is very arrogant and condescending toward parents when they ask questions. Please listen to your child. If your child is usually a happy child and then they see him and they start screaming and acting strange get out of there!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

We've been with Dr. Wayne for many years, and have experienced a lot of what I read in other people's reviews. We've chosen to leave his practice. There were a lot of things I appreciated about him as a doctor, but several that became an issue. I did get tired of being talked down to. I also especially disliked the immunization discussion we had, which was very similar to the reviewer at the bottom of the page. He's heavy-handed and uncompromising on that. I was looking for information, and he could have been less harsh. It was a little scary. I stayed with the understanding that he required immunizations for his patients. My partner and I decided to vaccinate, so that was fine, until the appointment when he wanted to give my child a very optional vaccine that I didn't want. His response was very unprofessional AND very inappropriate. Shockingly so. If you are willing to give him complete control of your child's health, discipline, and eating/sleeping habits you'll like him just fine.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

I love Dr. Wayne! I started using him just before my second son was born. At the time my other son was 2. That has now been 16 years ago! When my second son was born, he was premature. Dr. Wayne called me the day he was born and talked to me and explained everything that needed to be done for him. He walked us through so many medical problems over the next 11 years with our little one. He always explained everything, gave us time to digest any information, explore options, and make a choice. He supported us all the way through. As for my oldest child, he still remembers the first time he meet Dr. Wayne. He got on the floor and played cars with him! My son is home from college right now and needs to see a doctor, and was so happy when he was able to get an appointment with his favorite, Dr. Wayne!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2011

Luv always quick, on time, and friendly?.. Girls do not mind going to the doctor thanks to the way they get treated

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

Dr. Wayne is thorough and honest. He is calm and doesn't worry about making the parents feel better.He concentrates on what's best for the child.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2010

I take both of my children to Dr Wayne, I started takeing my oldest to him when she turned 1. From the get go I was happy with Dr Wayne he took time to evaluate my child and spent time listening to our concerns. His nurses and the staff up front have always been friendly and we never have a problem getting an appointment. Just recently my son got sick we took him to Dr Wayne he explained things were ok for the time being and to keep doing what we were doing. Said if things dont get better to look for specific signs and if we saw them while his office was closed to take our son to the ER. I am glad he told us exactly what to look for because that weekend we saw the signs and ended up taking our son to Cooks. Both of my children like Dr Wayne nither one of them act uncomfortable around him and they do not cry until they get their shots. I have and will continue to recommend Dr Wayne to others.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2010

I have loved having Dr. Wayne as my pediatrician and I have 4 children from 1-9 years. I would, and do, recommend him to all new mothers I know. His office is always clean, the appointments run on time, and his front of house staff and nurses are sweet, helpful, and I couldn't ask for better. He respected my breastfeeding, he knows what he is talking about, and even called me back personally at 11:00 at night when I was worried about taking a certain medication while breastfeeding. I have refused the flu shot he urged us to have and he acted fine with it. To the grandmother who didn't like him because he put your grandson in time out... I'm sorry you felt that way. Maybe a little time out was what he needed so Dr. Wayne could do his job efficiently.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010

I visited Dr. Wayne's office with a friend and her baby almost 18 years ago. Dr. Wayne was calm and reassuring and let my friend know that he believed she knew her child better than anyone else. She had a near infection without showing any normally "signs". I knew then he would be my pediatrician and has been ever since my oldest was born 8.5 years ago. My children both have eczema, asthma and food allergies and Dr. Wayne has been both helpful and supportive in dealing with these issues. He is also good about suggesting new meds which might be helpful without overmedicating for every little thing. Dr. Wayne is definitely more reserved thana lot of pediatricians out there, but he is a very good doctor and my sons love him.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

Dr. Mark A. Wayne's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Southwestern Med Ctr At Dallas, Med Sch, Dallas Tx 75235 (Grad. 1989)