Ratings for Dr. Dorigen K. Kasparek

My experience with Dr. Kasparek was single handedly the worst experience of my life. If you are looking for an OB that will respect your wishes and rights when it comes to the birth of your child, Dr. Kasparek is not the doctor for you. If you want to schedule your c-section out of convenience, then Dr. K is your gal! I thought that I had chosen a like minded doctor that would give me personalized attention when it came to birthing my child. I was completely wrong. I was shuttled through her c-section factory line and left with nothing but questions and regrets. Even though the specialist had recommended that go home on bed rest and deliver at 37 weeks, Dr. Kasparek decided that it was more convenient to deliver at 35 weeks. One minute I was told I was going home and the next minute I was told that I had 10 minutes to make a decision between a surgical delivery (which was to happen immediately) or inducing labor which could take 3-4 days. When we asked why we were told over and over again that "we needed to move toward delivery". However, I was not in distress, the baby was not in distress, and my medical records show that there was no medical reason to deliver that day. My baby was only 4 lbs and had to spend 2 weeks in the NICU. Dr. Kasparek never came to see me before the c-section. She left as soon as the baby was delivered to do another c-section and had a surgical assistant sew me up. She came to visit me one time while I was breastfeeding in the NICU which did not give me any time to ask questions. No one briefed me on the expectations for recovery after my surgery. When I told her my concerns she told me that I was "hormonal and emotional" and that I would have "more perspective on the situation with time". At that time she also told me that is was up to my insurance company as to when I would be discharged, but then went directly to the nurses station and signed my discharge papers without anyone ever checking to see if I could stay another day. My discharge papers were signed before I had met the medical requirements to be discharged AND most importantly, she discharged me without prescribing a RhoGam shot. The RhoGam is medically necessary and should have been given on the same day that I gave birth since my blood type is O- and the baby was is A+. Needless to say, I refused to return to her practice and saw 2 other OBGYN's for second opinion's and my 6 week follow up. Both doctors told me that my c-section incision was not good. One doctor even asked if I had had another surgery in the same area because the dimpling from the sutures was was so evident. Both doctors also stated after looking at the medical records that they would not have delivered that day and that there was "clearly a breakdown in communication". Moreover, we received $3500 bill for the "surgical assistant" that sewed me up because that service is not covered my insurance plan. It has been almost 4 months since my baby was born and I am still nothing short of LIVID. If Dr. Kasparek had spent anytime with me or actually reading the specialist recommendations, maybe my baby would not have had to spend 2 weeks in the NICU. Maybe I would not have had to have a significantly invasive surgery. Maybe I would have happy memories of the birth of my child. I can't go back, but if I could I would have said, "NO. I do not give informed consent and refuse treatment until I can have a second opinion." My husband and I were scared and put our trust in Dr. Kasparek, which I will regret for the rest of my life.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

I had not been to an OBGYN in a long time. I have been in menopause for 5 years and my last visit to my doctor was extremely painful. I knew that with cancer in my family I needed to have a check up. After much research on the background of Dr. Kasparek and her reviews I chose to make an appointment. I loved her, the office staff and everything about my visit. The examination was not painful and in the process she was both kind, sensitive and caring. I felt valued and honored and highly recommend her for any season of your life. I have recently heard from two strangers that Dr. Kasparek was able to help these women to have children when they had no hope.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2014

Dr. Kasprek asked all the right questions up front. She was very friendly and intuitive. She addressed me at my level of education. She made me feel comfortable as the exam is not something I look forward too. It was quick and not to invasive. She thought of concerns that a person of my age (50) could be having and ruled them in or out and went over treatment options for the ones identified. I highly recommend her it was an impressive visit.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

Had to switch to another OB when we moved to Johns Creek and while I was initially hesitant, I was so happy that we found Dr. Kasparek. I had my second C-section with her and she was very supportive of my decision to attempt a VBAC, something most OBs prefer to avoid. I have never waited more than five minutes in her waiting room and every time I almost fainted from blood work, her staff was armed and ready with apple juice and caring for me until I felt better. She is very knowledgeable in her field and I love how she speaks from experience as a mom and as an MD. I've recommended her to five friends, all are whom are very pleased and have switched to her for good.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Not only myself, but my daughter - office staff very incompetent and Dr. Kasparek not responsive, either. Such a disappointment - the health industry has to improve - ridiculous care we are being given

flag | Submitted November 4, 2011

Very rude staff and scheduled me for a specialist doctor (gave me the wrong phone number) that ordered 12 different tests THEN had to come repeat the test in their office twice (add that medical bill up....)! Pure IDIOTS. Can't get their scheduling right. Told them I was going out of town on Monday and had to see them that Friday...when I showed up Friday they told me they had me down for the following Friday!!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2010

Dr. Dorigen K. Kasparek's Credentials

• Japanese

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)