Ratings for Dr. Shan D. Hager

Dr. Hager ("Dr. Shan") has an interesting system in place. Btw, he is a chiropractor, not a neurologist, he may have taken classes but is not board certified in this specialty. You will understand why I pointed that out if you meet. He is very intelligent and pieces things together well. Their office will ask you to release your medical history which I think was a nice thorough touch. Yes you get a complementary exam but must pay for a portion of the tests (xrays). Fine. Then you come back to go over the results. The other poster is correct in that he deliberately writes everything down on a blank piece of paper, but with few words and a lot of pictures, diagrams, and arrows an you have to fill in the blanks of what it means. He is writing on this paper with the diagrams so even if you are writing things down in your own notebook, it will be challenging to match up the pictures to what you wrote later. Two days later when you are sitting at home with bunch of diagrams and little else, it gets confusing. Pretty much your cervical spine is way off, thyroid, blah blah. I said it was deliberate because if you had that very price of paper to someone else they won't be able to make sense of it. Clever and good strategy. I would suggesting recording the results or writing as much as possible. Ask him to repeat. During this time he goes over everything that is wrong with your spine and how it can affect a million other things you may be dealing with now or in the future, it’s a grim discussion. It’s part of the scare tactics, even though it may hold some truth, to which degree is unknown I came away from my appointment in tears. A few more appointments with stretches, massage, stretching machine, supplements, and oh yeah $$ they were able to determine whether or not they could help me. That phrase is repeated a lot “seeing whether or not they can accept you as a patient.” Another psychological scare tactic. A good one, but that’s what it is. Of course after hearing how messed up your body is, you don’t want to be turned away, and this places you in an interesting vulnerable position. It’s just a marketing technique. At this point you are already financially invested. When the decide to help you and make you feel like you won the lottery because they have the ability to do so, Dr. Hager lays out a plan (cue another blank piece of paper- I thought I was ready this time to write everything, but again it was too much, so it was not clear) They were able to see the degrees which I could improve and if I sign a contract and pay them a sum of 5 - Yes 5 digits, thousands of dollars… come in multiple times a week for over a year and in doctrine myself by listening to webinars on how I am supposed to eat certain things, etc. Along with that I was to take certain “medical grade supplements” that I had to purchase from a very specific website and do additional testing (the last two were not included in my 5 digit sum, they were to be paid out of pocket in addition). The testing seems to be very subjective to which doesn’t sit well with me. And again, my choice, they can help me etc but If I don’t do something, the potential problems I could have done the road are endless. Granted I was told they do have payment plan options and some people take out loans or ask relatives, etc. After wrapping my brain about that, I thought, no. No thanks. Doesn’t sound right to me and want to warn others, at least go in eyes wide open given the investment you will be making before you get to the actual treatment. I don’t think he is a quack, just don’t think it’s totally right either (paying in advance, scare tactics, etc).

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr. Shan takes the time to figure out what the problem is. Yes, this has taken a few weeks with some additional tests, but I've found that once he uncovered the problem(s) he explains everything in detail and lets me know all of my options (in his office or somewhere else). I trust him fully!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2015

I have been in to the office three times to be seen. First time was the complementary. 2nd time was for paid Nerve test & Xrays. 3rd time was for test results- though I didn't really get to go over the test results. It was just him writing on a piece of paper what my supposed test results indicated were pieces to my health puzzle. It's been a frustrating experience. I have spent over $500 just to launch and don't feel like I have any clarity. I feel like each time they've just asked for more & more money. The results I received seemed pretty generic and I have a feeling every one who goes has the same type of issues to some degree or another. (by comparing notes with a few others who have gone) The office now wants another $1300 just to see *if* my body is curable in 4 visits. Then I can't imagine how much treatment would actually be. One friend hinted at double digit thousands. For the little info I have received for my initial investment of over $500 they have to be kidding that I'm going to keep tossing this money out.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Obviously the person leaving the rating on 8.23.14 wasn’t really trying to find help, but just a treatment. My experience was very different and I greatly appreciate Dr. Shan taking the time to do the needed testing to figure out what was being missed, so I could get the proper treatment to feel better for the long haul. Thanks Answers!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

Always finding way to help my health the staff are very helpful. Dr Shan cares about the healh of my family as no other dr EVER has!!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I wouldnt be walking if it wasnt for Dr Shan. He figures out what is wrong for real.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Dr . Shan was able to help me when no other doctors could. The other doctors (13+) would just give me a medication or therapy, but never found out what was truly causing the problem. Dr. Shan took the time to dig deeper and test to find the cause of my problems, then offer treatments that really helped! I'm doing things the other doctors said I would never do.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

That's what I'm suspecting. I've gotten a lot of tests and no treatment. Red flag! Plus he's out of network so I have to submit claims although getting resistance from staff.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

PLEASE save your money and go somewhere else. There are so many financial loops in this place, no straight forward pricing for services, avoid the multilevel marketing discount plan they offer, it is a fear based selling office, you'll spend thousands before you even get your first adjustment.

Submitted August 23, 2014