Ratings for Dr. Eric T. Scarbrough

My husband said he had been having hearing loss. Not too much that he was deaf but to the point where it took away from the things he wanted to do. Dr. Scarbrough tested his ears and said that the results were inconclusive but that my husband may have some "minor hearing loss". Long story short, we went to a different ENT and she retested my husbands ears and we found out that he had pretty significant hearing loss.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

Dr. Eric T. Scarbrough

Dr. Eric T. Scarbrough's response
Hello, my name is Jennifer. I am one of the Regional Managers here at ENT and Allergy Associates. I would like to apologize for your experience with Dr. Scarbrough. I would like the opportunity to speak with you personally if that is OK with you. In order to respect your health privacy and discuss your experience in detail, please send us an email with your contact information via our secure email server at patient relations [one word] at [@] entandallergy [one word) .com Thank you for contacting us and we hope to hear from you soon. Best, Jennifer

Submitted January 26, 2018

No bedside manner. No personality. Would not treat my bronchitis. Scoped my nose and did a throat culture. Sent me out with no rx . Told me to go to pulmonary doctor. Why did I get appt if u can't treat me. Now I know why your office was empty. I wouldn't go back if u were the only doc on the planet.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

Unfortunately, I did not have a good experience. I came into the office extremely upset after many weeks of an undiagnosed condition. The doctor seemed annoyed at me and I left with no further answers, no blood tests or X-rays that I feel may have helped to identify my problem. He didn't ask me anything about myself or my past health history to try and identify the problem. I left the doctors office more anxious than when I had come in. I wish they knew how nerve wracking it is to come to a doctor and to now know what's wrong.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

Had the worst experience here. Had to ask the nurse why she was annoyed with me; if I had come to the wrong place. The Dr. came in with a frown, could barely make eye contact and took a while to get around to introducing himself. He told me I was confusing painful itching ears with some other condition, but he didn’t know what. STAY AWAY. These are not good, helpful or happy people.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015

Dr. Eric T. Scarbrough

Dr. Eric T. Scarbrough's response
Good Morning - I’m Nora from the Patient Relations Team at ENT and Allergy Associates. We take our patients’ feedback very seriously. I apologize for the dissatisfaction you indicate you experienced and would like for a member of our Senior Management Team to discuss your experience with you. In order to insure your health privacy, please send an email to patient relations [one word] at [@] ent and allergy [one word] dot com [.com] with your contact information and a member of our team will contact you right away. We look forward to speaking with you. Best, Nora

Submitted October 5, 2015

Dr Scarbrough was very through in diagnosing me. It started out to be a sore throat, then ulcer. And soreness lasting over a week. Was able to get appointment with not problem and he checked me out and did biopsy and cancer cells showed up. Was referred to Dr. Genden at Mount Sinai Hospital and robotic servers was done on throat to remove cancer from throat and lymp node in neck. Will have to be monitored for 2 years, but no cancer present. Because of Dr Scarbrough's thoroughness and patience and knowledge and his referral to a good surgeon, I am cancer free. And I am so great full and blessed that we have wonderful doctors who cares enough to take the time to check you out and the compassion for how one feels when diagnosed. Thank you to Dr Scarbrough and staff and Dr Genden and Staff at Mount Sinai Hospital.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2013

Dr Scarbrough & all his staff was extremely caring in the treatment of my grandaughter who at the age of 20 had here tonsils and adnoids removed at Peconic Bay Medical Center. He even returned a call on a Saturday afternoon and a follow up call after that to make sure she was OK. I would highly recoment this doctor. Thank You to Dr Scarbrough and all his staff.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2012

On August 15, 2011 Dr. Scarbrough operated on my Parotid gland, normally 99% benign. On August 19, 2011 I was diagnosed with Acinic Cell Carcinoma. My surgery was complicated and lengthy. Dr. Scarbrough did a miraculous surgery, missing all 8 facial nerves in my face, negating paralysis on the left side of my face. I went through 7 weeks of radiation and during this time Dr. Scarbrough and his nurse Kathleen Histand, were with me through this whole time. I cannot find the words to describe the professionalism,kindness and care that Dr. Scarbrough and Kathleen have showed me. Although I've had a total of 9 doctors during this "cancer process" Dr. Scarbrough and Kathleen shine above all these doctors.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2012

This doctor was punctual and courteous. He was also very knowledgeable and knew what my issue was based off my symptoms. My ear was unclogged in a matter of minutes and I am truly grateful for staff like this.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2012

Dr. Eric T. Scarbrough's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1993)

Arise Health Plan