Ratings for Dr. Dennis E. Poquiz

I have been to several doctors over the last fifty years and probably been with Dr. Poquiz for the past 10 years or so. I have never received anything but excellent care. Dr. Poquiz is caring and professional. When I need more than general medical care, he sends me to the appropriate specialist. He does not try to play "SuperDoc". He generally has referrals available for specialists that he believes are good physicians. His staff is friendly and helpful. They are not perfect. Sometimes they forget things or make mistakes and I have gotten a little aggravated with the front desk before, but they have always been professional and courteous. I can usually get in the same day or the next to see MY doctor, unlike the large practice where I would have to make an appointment 3 weeks out to see my doctor, which doesn't work very well when you're really sick (you could come in to the after hours clinic and see whoever...just prefer to see my own doctor). My husband was a patient first, then I followed after he related his experience. We really do miss the old staff; his new staff just doesn't compare, but they had some big shoes to fill... and mostly, they improve with experience, it's just going to take time for them to gain a lifetime of experience.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Unsatisfactory and sketchy experience. I went for a basic physical. Dr. Poquiz was unable to perform routine physical checks, instead referring me to outside sources for bloodwork and services. I mentioned I had scoliosis flare-ups and he told me I should try swimming. A few months later, I got a real physical from a different doctor and my insurance called me to say they were denying coverage because I had already gotten a physical that year. Dr. Poquiz's office charged me for a physical that was NOT received. After many phone calls, the staff said they would change the billing status to "scoliosis exam" - although I did not even receive that. The staff was extremely rude about this and never apologized or admitted to making a mistake, leading me to believe it was an intentional miscode. This resulted in a huge headache and much wasted time that could have been avoided if Dr. Poquiz had not incorrectly billed me. I will NOT be going back there and would NOT recommend this doctor.

Submitted September 18, 2012

I've been a patient of Dr.Poquiz for many years. I followed him from the old office to the new and have no plans of changing as long as he's practicing. He genuinely cares about his patients and has a great family atmosphere.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr.Poquiz for several years now (over 10). He's thorough and has been a good family doctor for me. I have felt comfortable with his knowledge, diagnosis and solutions for best health practices. As a matter of fact I was on a special diet suggested (just by eliminating certain foods) and my health is 70% better than when I first went in to have an analysis done via blood test, x-rays and so forth.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

I have been on the same medication for years and will continue for the rest of my life. However, he would mix up the dosage and I would have to go back to get the correct prescription. It became a habit. I also found a couple of the staff members very rude. Nurses were great! It was the desk ladies.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

Very friendly staff. The facility is clean. Dr Poquiz is very caring and professional.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

Dr. Dennis E. Poquiz's Credentials

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1996)