Ratings for Dr. Kathryn S. Iwata

I don't understand all the negative reviews for Dr. Iwata! She is upbeat, friendly & caring. She takes an interest in your overall health & personally facilitated my visits to other specialists when I was diagnosed with high BP & couldn't find a decent PCP. She found me a wonderful surgeon & made sure I connected with her the day I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Other doctors just hand you a referral slip & tell you "call to make an appointment", Dr. Iwata goes & makes the phone calls herself. She even called the facility where I had my pelvic ultrasound to have them fax the results while I was there for my exam AND her medical assistant contacted a sub-specialist to be sure they take my insurance plan. I've been seeing her annually since the early 1990s & find her personable, professional, knowledgeable & compassionate. She's got a great sense of humor, Sarah (med asst) & Mary Jo (front) are great. Nancy (appointments) is abrupt but efficient. I highly recommend this office.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

I had a problem. Asked her questions. Couldn't help at all, made you feel stupid and crazy. She didn't answer any of my problems questions.I will never,ever go back to her or recommend anybody to her. Don't waste your time with her, find a doctor who is willing to help you, not made you feel stuped.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2012

I had my first baby with Iwata. If you are not talkative and just want to walk in/walk out, then she is it. If you ask questions she'll make you feel crazy so I didn't. After my delivery, I had insane amount of pain. I could not walk and could only urinate in the shower. I went to her and she said I'm healing just fine. 4 days passed and I could not walk any longer from pain. I went to the ER and I had a UTI which had progressed. It took me 6 months to recover from muscle pain. I am 5 months pregnant & I still continued to go to her until last month when I had a lot of vaginal dryness. I asked her about it and she said continue puting on Vaseline. Of course this progressed so much that I had a horrendous yeast infection. That was the tipping point; I recently began seeing another OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

Very nice, friendly, and most importantly knowledgeable. She made my 16-year-old daughter feel very comfortable about her first exam. My daughter has health issues and Dr.Iwata provided much needed insight into her diagnosis. She spent time with us and I didn't feel rushed. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2010

I have to agree with some of the post about Dr. Iwata being cold. I think she may have smiled once or twice. Not very friendly. I will just use her for my annual exam. It has been hard trying to find another gynecologist. I had one for 17 years who took very good care of me, was friendly, very helpful, very knowledgable and compasionate. I found a doctor two years ago that I really liked, but she closed her practice due to her own health reasons. I think I will look elsewhere for a regular gyne. The office staff had one friendly person. The rest were pretty unfriendly also.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2010

If I could give negative stars I would. Iwata is the coldest, most insulting doctor I have ever encountered. She made me feel like the biggest idiot with every question I asked. She reprimanded me for being married so young (I'm 29), and even had the audacity to roll her eyes at me when I said I was in a monogamous relationship with my husband. I tried talking to her about multiple issues I had going on with my body. She had absolutely no interest in helping me. She just said no, that I was just trying to get drugs from her, and IF I even had these other problems I should go back to the doctor I was with before. Trust me lady, if she wasn't in another state, I WOULD! The most medication I take is my birth control and the occasional allergy pill. I don't even like taking advil if I have a headache... yea, I'm a threat. I hope you realized how much of a huge mistake you made, because the people at the pharmacy will not recommend you anymore after this.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2010

I was willing to give Dr. Iwata the benefit of the doubt, but everytime I asked her a question about my ovarian cyst she got impatient and made me feel stupid for inquiring. After another visit to get more information, I again left not understanding what was happening to my body. I do not recommend Dr. Iwata. She is initially reasonably friendly, but ultimately rude. I hated feeling left in the dark after spending effort, time, and money on the appointments. I'm off to find a new OBGYN.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2010

I must first mention how rude and unprofessional for office receptionists are (Mary Lou is beyond horrible). Next, in response to a Dr. Iwata defense, working long hours and pregnant women being in an overly emotional state to begin with; still does not excuse her behavior. My husband accompanied me on every visit and felt her to be extremely rude and unhelpful. Most visits were quick and any questions I had were either ignored or I was told to read the book up front at the reception desk. I definitely felt she doesn't like people or babies for that matter. I wanted a drug free, natural birth and was almost laughed at when I handed her my birthplan. In the end I had my birth exactly as I wanted, but did receive an unnecessary episiotomy from Dr. Iwata when my baby's head was already out! She was especially cold and rude in the delivery room and stitched me up in a rough manner. I would NEVER recommend this Doctor to anyone!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2010

she delivered my daughter and will be delivering my son in a few weeks. she's professional, respectful and i feel at ease with her. its really hard to imagine anyone walking away with a such negative view! she was with me for hours after my delivery (i delievered at midnight, she left hours later!) to make sure i was okay (my daughter was in the nicu) and checked on me before she went into the office in the morning after staying up all night. i LOVE that our visits are quick and to the point - i don't want to spend an eternity in the office every few weeks. i'm usually in and out total in 30 minutes.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2010

Dr.Iwata is a wonderful doctor she delivered my 1st child and is now going to deliver my 2nd child in January 2010. She never seemed rude or like she didnt know anything. I am very picky when it comes to who is caring for me she makes me feel very comforatable and confident. When my insurance changed I even paid extra so i could be able to see her for OB and GYNO care. I work in the medical field so I know it can be stressful for doctors and even though they may show that they dont care deep down they do and thats why they are doctors to care for us. Thank You Dr.Iwata for caring for me!!!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2009

Dr. Kathryn S. Iwata's Credentials

• Loma Linda University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)