Ratings for Dr. Anthony Tran

I went for a consultation. First thing the receptionist did was take my cash. I waited over an hour to be seen. I was late picking up my daughter but couldn't leave because I had paid already. The doctor talked to me for less than 15 minutes and then sent me on my way. I did not feel comfortable with him performing any type of major surgery so I decided not to use him. He got a free $80 but it was a lesson learned. Wish I could've read the reviews sooner. **By the way, I'm sure the positive ratings are from his staff or family. They all start off the same.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

In response to the 8reviews below. I certainly hope there are 2 Dr. Anthony Trans because the Dr. Tran that done my breast reduction and lift on 8\8\2014 & Abdominalplasty on 10\9\2014 is nothing like the reviews. God has Blessed him with magical hands and bedside manners to match. The girls in his office are always willing to help checking on me every 5minutes when waiting to be seen. If I need anything they readily get it but of course I have to ask as they are MOA's not mind readers. Stay tuned for my Abdominalplasty review and update coming soon. He is so good and i am so pleased hmmmm thinking of what i can get done next. M. Cornish RNx15years so I know good service when its given.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

Very disappointed in that doctor ! Did not get consultation that I came for and been charged for that "service". I came for consultation with Dr. Anthony Tran ( http://www.atranmd.com/) regarding a mole removal from my face. I asked that doctor a specific questions and he didn't answer just been looking at me. I never had done any similar removals before. I assume that anybody would like to know how your face will look after the surgery and what outcome to expect. Finally he said that he went to Plastic Surgeon school and he can remove it and "it will look good". That is it ! I asked what size of a scar to expect ... and silence again. Finally I reached for a piece of paper and a pen out of my handbag , made a drawing of the mole and ask him to show how he will cut so at least I would know approximately scar size. After the " consultation" I asked for a treatment plan , so I would know how much it cost, what insurance pay and what would be my part - he didn't give it to me.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

Terrible experience. Dr. Tran assured me he could successfully do the surgery I wanted to my eyes and neck. During the surgery he left the room once to talk with someone his receptionist said was waiting for him. He stopped several times during the surgery to confer with the receptionist about a walk-in that was in the waiting room asking questions. To say he was distracted during the entire procedure is mild. One of my eyelids now droops. There was not enough taken off under my chin to warrant a surgery and I now have a horrendous scar under my chin and down my neck. If I hadn't given him all my cash I'm not certain another doctor could fix the horrible mess he made of me. When he was finished I sat up and told him I was dizzy. He put my walker in front of me, told me it would get better and left the room. None of his staff tried to help me as I unsteadily made my way out of the clinic. His reply when I complained about the results of the surgery was, "You signed a release before the

flag | Submitted February 15, 2013

So Dr Tran was referred to me, he billed my INS and he got back a good reimbursement. Then I still was charge a good penny . The Work he did is not the best. I developed an infection that was not treated. Also, the final results were terrible. Im ruined. At first I thought he did me a favor but I was better off the way I was before. Now I have a tummy tuck from hell .not only did he make more that 10,000 he still charged me extra. Talk about abuse. If he got paid that much he couldve done his best.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

I was also referred to Dr. Tran by three other coworkers who had their surgeries done by him. I am very pleased with the result of my surgery, I feel much better overall with more pride and confidence in myself. Dr. Tran is a great surgeon, very approachable, friendly and caring. His office staff are very nice and attentive also. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2011

Dr. Tran is very caring,has great bedside manners and is a very good surgeon. I have great results for my procedures. I was recommended to him by my friends who had surgeries done by him and I have highly recommended other friends to him also. I am happy and please with the great look.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2010

He is a great doctor. He was kind, caring and professional. I was nervous about the surgery, but he answered all of my questions and was very reassuring.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2009

Dr. Tran is wonderful, he is a caring Dr. and I have had to have several surgeries under him and he has always been excellent in his care and attention.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2009

Dr Tran almost made me lose my leg! He told me he was removing a cyst from my leg, to this day I still dont know what he did! I ended up with infection to the bone and nerve damage. I went to see him numerous times and he said it would be fine. I ended up at a wound management clinic for 3 months having my leg cleaned, packed and casted. It was the worst time of my life!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2008

Dr. Anthony Tran's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• University Of Houston - College Of Optometry (Grad. 2002)

AARP

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I went for a consultation. First thing the receptionist did was take my cash. I waited over an hour to be seen. I was late picking up my daughter but couldn'..."

May 19, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "In response to the 8reviews below. I certainly hope there are 2 Dr. Anthony Trans because the Dr. Tran that done my breast reduction and lift on 8\8\2014 & Abdo..."

October 12, 2014
  • City changed from "CEDAR HILL" to "Arlington"

April 11, 2012