Ratings for Dr. Marisol Carpio-Solis

11 hours ago I lost my daughter at 33 weeks. I feel like my care wasn’t a priority. Everything was normal leading up to her death. Except my belly wasn’t big, nobody knew I was that far along. She said “it could be her sitting in your hips” I also wasn’t feeling her much & she said, “ she probably ran out of room to grow” I don’t see how that’s possible considering my belly. To Dr.Solis my belly measurements were okay. Also a week before I had my daughter, there was protein in my urine, blood pressure a little high but not way out of range, and my baby’s heartbeat was lower than usual but not out of range. She told me to come in a week later instead of the 2 week. The day before my appointment there was a ton of blood and I went to the ER to find no heartbeat. I gave birth to my daughter who only weighed 2.5 pounds, who should have weighed more at that point. There was a blood clot in the placenta. Before giving birth the Dr came in and said “What happened?” I feel like there could have been something else said...then in prep to giving birth she said 2 people could stay...I still had 4 people in the room at that point, and she got really rude and said “there’s still to many people” the compassion was lost. There really was no closure from her. I went back for a follow up and she did seem a little more caring then, but I just feel like she should have took the extra step to make sure my baby was okay considering all that was going on. Also the extra care towards my feelings would have been nice from a doctor who was supposed to care for you. I can’t say if anything would be different with another doctor, but being a first time mom I wish I would have done my research more and read reviews, or just knew more knowledge about my healthcare choices. A month in a half later I became pregnant with my rainbow baby girl, and am now 27 weeks pregnant. I go to the high risk clinic at Scott and White and am getting the extra care now.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2018

Very condescending,no compassion,I felt abused mentally and emotionally.Her attitude was "Don't question me, I'm the doctor" She seemed to have a problem with overweight patients. Most of what she told me was incorrect. She needs to climb down off her high horse and show some compassion to her patients.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

My OB was on vacation when I went into labor and I had the privilege of Dr. Carpio-Solis delivering our baby. I appreciated her bedside manner and attentiveness. I was slowly progressing through labor and she arrived about 5 hours before I started pushing and routinely checked in on me ensure things were progressing. Since I hadn't met her before, I had a number of questions and she was more than willing to take the time to address each one of them never made me feel rushed or dumb for asking. When I began pushing, she didn't just pop in when the baby was almost here, she was with me the entire time and I felt as if she played an overly active role in the delivery which I think is a great attribute!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

This was the worst doctor I have ever seen. Never have I met a doctor so rude and unconcerned about a patients feelings. She literally dismissed everything I said, did not try to help me out at all with switching my pill. She made me feel stupid so much that after she left the room I had to pull myself together. I told her I was concerned that my pill was causing hair loss and she dismissed it and told me my only option was to go off the pill. She said all pills are the same and said they would all cause me hair loss and I am just sensitive to hormones. I work in a pharmacy with many knowledgeable pharmacists, so I know for a fact all pills are not the same. Looking online yields thousands of resources linking birth control to hair loss as well as pills that are less damaging to hair. This didn't matter to her she was right I was wrong. That's all. She told me " I can switch your pill, but it won't help, you need to go off it" I tell her I can't my periods are unmanageable, her response was "well I don't know what to tell you" Then she asked what pill I want to be switched to and I asked for suggestions, and she simply told me "well when you figure it out call me," and then left the room. She is terrible at her job. Never have I left a doctor feeling so upset.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Horrible doctor. Don't go here unless you want to be treated poorly. Incompetent and rude staff and doctor. She is careless aND selfish. Please go somewhere else.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

I would never in a million years go to this OB ever again. I always had to wait for appointments (30-45) and then never spent more then 5 minutes actually seeing her. I would instead get to see her Nurse which had the personality of a brick. At my final appointment she swept my membranes with out asking me first. Additionally at my birth, I had several tears. All were stitched except a large tear to my labia which now causes it to hang down several inches. Very uncomfortable. I was freaking out when I got home and noticed it forthe first time and when I called her office they could have cared less. They called it superficial because it was the labia. I now know that is BS and it is considered birth trama and would have been covered by insurance had she wanted to do something about it then. I had another friend who had a similar experience. Got a sever infection after a csection and Carpio could have cared less about her.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2014

She has been my doctor throughout three pregnancies and two births (im currently expecting) she is the sweetest lady ever and i would recommend her to anyone. I refused to see anyone but her. I had five years between my first two pregnancies and she instantly remembered me walking through the door that ment a lot. My second pregnancy i was on hospital bedrest and she came by on her day off while she was out grocery shopping to talk and check on me. She loves people and their babies.. and does her job well

flag | Submitted January 12, 2014

My old ob-gyn had moved so I selected Dr. Carpio-Solis as my ob-gyn for my last child. She was very judgemental and rude. She didn't take any of my concerns seriously and didn't have much information when I asked her questions. She refused to believe what I had told her about my previous pregnancies and about my lmp. She basically told me I was lying about my last menstrual cycle because my baby was measuring 3 weeks small this week. Even though I had been measuring normal up until that point. She is set that I am lying, even though I am not and hasn't tried to figure out what is going on with my baby. She is very dismissive of my concerns and treats me as if I am stupid. She is very condescending and doesn't seem to really care what I have to say and just brushes it aside. I would not recommend her to anyone considering the experience I am having with her. I'm looking into other doctors at this point.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2013

I love her!! She delivered my first baby. Great experience.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

Dr. Marisol Carpio-Solis's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 2001)

Beechstreet