Dr. Ann L. Kalhorn

World Class Punctuality Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ann L. Kalhorn

I had hemmorhoid surgery which isn't delightful under any circumstances. My surgery was done by Ann Kalhorn five years ago. After removing approximately 8 hemmorhoids she stitched me up so tightly that for the rest of my life I will have to take laxatives for anything to get through. She told me it would take time to return to normal size. It's been five years now…it's not going to change and I am on Miralax for life. I wouldn't go thru that surgery again for anything so having her enlarge the area is out of the question. Not that she ever offered. She never did. Nor did she ever acknowledge her mistake. Before surgery, bowel movements were average. Now they have to be practically liquid to get thru.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2011

A pathology report was not obtained from my primary care physician prior to my appointment with Dr. Kalhorn. As she was uninformed as to what my situation was, we had a very broad, general discussion concerning several different tests that I quickly lost track of. The examination room was very small and lacked a privacy screen. I was required to undress in front of a staff member who held up a small paper sheet that was wholly ineffective at maintaining my privacy (in this day and age of full-body scanners, this wasn’t much of a concern to me but still, the situation felt odd and very awkward). After the examination, I found the sink in the room was full of utensils being soaked and I was unable to wash my hands, which increased my discomfort level. The conversation with the other staff members centered around my co-payment and deductible amounts. I felt I was reduced to a nameless entity, with my only purpose in being there to generate revenue for the business operation at hand.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2010

Dr. Kalhorn performed my surgery in June and August of 2007 (ILEAL POUCH-ANAL ANASTOMOSIS). The staff and most importantly, Dr. Kalhorn was very informative, helpful, encouraging and provided me with the information necessary to make my decision as a patient. She provided excellent service. She continues to be available for all questions and concerns.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2009

Did not tell me that another doctor in her practice would "assist" her in surgery and that I had to pay them both. Overutilization an issue --I would not use her again.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2009

Excellently performed my bowel resection and prior colonoscopy. M.D. team on-call excellent, as well. Doctor is kind, courteous, takes her time, listens well and *hears* the patient. Surgery scheduler was very rude and difficult to deal with unfortunately. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

I saw Dr. Kalhorn a year ago for the first time. She diagnosed me and said if I want surgey to just call back. I waited over a year before deciding to go ahead with the operation. I called her office to schedule surgery, spoke with a receptionist. I called back a week before my appt and spoke with the surgery coordinator and was advised not to take certain medicines etc. On the day of my apt. I arrived at the office to find I was not having surgery at all, just another office visit. I went ahead and saw the Dr. and she stated the very same thing she did a year ago. I told her I wanted surgery and she said I should come back for yet another office vist... I will not be going back to Dr. Kalhorn. It seems to me she just wants to keep scheduling more office visits.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2008

We have had three colonoscopies from Dr. Kalhorn and all went perfectly. Contrary to another rating, the Medical Board indicates she has never been sued; that statement is erroneous. I cannot understand the negative comments printed here.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

Price includes outpatient surgery. Dr. Kalhorn is very attentive and friendly. Knowledgable and honest. Overall good experience.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2006

Dr. Ann L. Kalhorn's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Boston Univ Sch Of Med, Boston Ma 02118 (Grad. 1990)

• BCBS Illinois