Ratings for Dr. Laura J. Schlagel

She is very knowledgeable and was able to diagnosis me when others would just dismiss my pain. However, she does not follow through. She states she will order tests or send referrals but never does. Waited for three weeks to find that a referral was never even sent. Found out that Doctor wasn't covered by my insurance so she said she would do a different referral. Still has not sent this referral. I had to wait 4 weeks for results on a LP and MRA because her office said she would call me with the results. Finally after 2.5 weeks of calling to get results and being told she would call me back, they said I had to come in to get the results.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Didn't order all the testing needed, no follow through on the test that was ordered even though I called several times for test results. Had to go to the imaging center and pick up the results myself.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Excellent - Doctor and friendly staff - I would recommend them

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

Dr Schlagel has been a great doctor. She's very knowledgeable. When she gave me Botox treatments they really helped. Due to insurance problems I have to go elsewhere for Botox treatments. I am on a wait list for November. I REALLY wish I could stay with Schlagel. I would strongly recommend her to others. She knows her stuff.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2014

She seems to be a very caring and competent doctor, but she fails to follow through with the pharmacy and referral to another specialist, which she recommend !

flag | Submitted October 3, 2013

Provided no telephone follow up care regarding medications she prescribed. Did 2 vitamin D tests -- 1 unnecessary --- Medicare denied payment -- got no help from her office to help me with this issue --- med assistant un helpful ---office professional unhelpful ---Dr. Unhelpful. Dr did provide a very thorough evaluation and good diagnostics.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

Dr. Schlagel was my neurologist for a year, until we (sadly) moved out of state. My only regret is not finding her sooner. I have a rare neurological disorder that went undiagnosed for 3 years, and after only 2 visits with Dr. Schlagel, I had not only my diagnosis, but a treatment plan. Dr. Schlagel and Jen (her PA) are an unbeatable team... they are scary smart, very knowledgeable about the conditions they treat, ultra compassionate and have both become what I would consider to be friends. Also, after an excruciating LP, I was not at all pleased to know that Dr. Schlagel needed one for my diagnosis. I have to tell you, in all honesty, that when she performed the LP, I did not feel even a twinge of pain through the entire procedure. They put me at ease, walked me through it, and she made sure no move was made that might cause me any pain. Any time I called with a concern, my call was returned promptly, and any time I needed an appt., the staff was great to get me in quickly.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

Dr. Laura J. Schlagel's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1989)

Commercial Insurance Company