Ratings for Dr. Hollis T. Rogers

I've lived with a specific illness for 20 years and have had many surgeries but this was the first surgeon who didn't bother to talk to me after the surgery. I found him to be very inexperienced with the condition I deal with and very difficult to talk to and hard to trust.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Not sure what other people problems with Dr. Rodgers is. My gp Dr Johnny Adkins referred me To Dr. Rodgers. He has been the best Dr I could have ever ask for. I have FAP, Dr Rodger removed my colon and created a jpouch. Before surgery he explained everything in a way my wife and I could understand. He also, did genetic test on my 3 daughters, and said he would take care of them. My surgery was on friday dec. 12 2014. He came after 5 hours of surgery and spoke with my family explained everything. The day after surgery he came about noon wanted be sure I was up. The nurse was late several times that morning, nor had the hospital staff cleaned me up. He took quick care of that situation. The rest of my hospital stay he was there by 7 am. I had complications after i went home. His staff specially Whitney, and Dianna Galliger was more than helpful. Dr Rodgers had no problem seeing me or putting me back in hospital and fixing the problem. Even coming too see me my 2nd trip to hospital after surgery at 9:30 p.m. Just to make sure I was ok. And to explain what was going on. Like I said not sure what other people problems are or was. I just know in all the Dr. I've seen over the years except Dr. Adkins I've never had a Dr. take this good of care of a patient. And that includes his staff. Dr. Rodgers treats my wife and I with respect and like we are someone besides just another patient.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

I agree with the first review. Dr. Hollis tells me little or nothing about my condition. If I am waiting the results of a procedure he has done, I have found it more helpful to have my oncologist call. This way, I get the results in 2 weeks (or when they are ready) as opposed to the 3 months Dr. Hollis has me wait. He nor his staff has ever called me after a procedure to inquire how I am doing, even if it is major surgery. The last time he performed a colostomy on me, then went out of town for a month. After talking to his nurse about some problems I was having with the surgery, she had me see another colon specialist who immediately put me back in the hospital with surgery related problems. I think technically he is a good doctor but lacks any people skills at all. To bad he is all that is available in the area.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Dr. Hollis Rogers acts as if he has somewhere better to be at all times. He could care less about what is wrong with you and leaves you guessing what he is about to do half of the time. I recently had surgery performed by Dr. Rogers and he did not contact me or my family before OR after the surgery to see if I had any questions or concerns, let alone how the surgery went! He literally finished the surgery and went home. We have been calling for about a week now trying to figure out how the results of the surgery but we are still left in confusion. Horrible people skills and extremely unprofessional.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

Dr. Hollis T. Rogers's Credentials

• LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 1999)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union