Ratings for Dr. Vijay Yalamanchili

The Dr. seemed nice enough, her assistant was not very friendly. That is not why I'm writing a bad review. I am writing a bad review because when I was in here office she directed me to get blood work done before she would refill my thyroid prescription. Fine. This does need to be done once a year and I was due. She did NOT tell me she would not refill my anti-depressant. I have been diagnosed by 2 psychiatrists of being clinically depressed. I have been on the same medication and have been feeling GREAT for over 15 years. This Dr. is the first Dr. I have ever been to that number one, would not give me the prescription, and number two, asked for blood work for it! Ridiculous. And her rude little assistant argued with me about needing blood work for an antidepressant. Unreal. I am not going back for that specifically. It's not like I'm trying to get a prescription for some fun drug that people take and over dose on. So I have found a better Dr., with a much nicer office, and much nicer and more professional staff.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Dr. Vijay has been my doctor for about 20 years and my husband began seeing her shortly after that. I feel that our health is completely tended to in a very thorough manner by an intelligent caring doctor. She keeps up with your total health care and when asked gives referrals to doctors she feels are good. You don't get the cold mega institutional feel that you experience at most of the conglomerate clinics.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Worst doctor I have ever heard of! My husband was a patient of hers. She was rude to him every time he went, did not listen to his concerns and was just horrible. He went in for horrible sinus infection and cough that had been going on for a month and was not getting better with cough medicine. First off, she put a mask on herself. I am an RN and surgical masks do not protect you from breathing in germs, they keep someone who is sick from breathing them out. Should have put mask on patient. How stupid. That is basic infection control 101. Then he has horrible sinus pain, face is swollen even and she does nothing for his pain. He is not allowed to take tylenol or Motrin or any meds like that because the kidney doctor told him he is not allowed to take those meds due to his kidney problems right now. She dismissed this and told my husband to take Tylenol! What the hell? A specialist told him not to do it and she acts like she knows better! Arrogant and uncaring. On way home( after we waited in her office 1 hour past the appointment time) he lost the prescription. Called next morning to see if they could call it in. We waited 45 minutes, no call back. So we call "Well , doctor is REALLY busy so not sure wheb she will get to it." SERIOUSLY! ?! The nurse cannot call in a script that was written for antibiotics less than 24 hours prior? Never in my medical career or life have I encountered such stupidity and ill treatment of a patient. We ended up going to ER because he was so much worse. Turned out it is pneumonia! This doctor is HORRIBLE and INCOMPETENT.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Dr Vijay is a very kind and caring doctor. She is not in a hurry to get you out and move to the next patient. She is attentive and professional. I have been seeing her for 20 years.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

Dr. Vijay has been my doctor and my wife's doctor for about 20 years. She has always been accurate with her diagnosis, correct in her prescriptions and works with us on 'simpler' ways. I have always felt that she truly cares about me and my wife. I was suspicious of dr.'s before her, and checked out her diagnosis and prescripts at first, but she was always correct, always helped us. Will stay with her as long as I can. She has treated me for ulcers, my original reason for seeing her, gall bladder problems, sinusitis (multiple times), high blood pressure, and obesity. I have total confidence in her. She found a lump on my wife's thyroid and sent her a specialist. The specialist was very impressed that she found the lump with just a physical exam. He ran other test to confirm it. I feel well cared for by Dr. Vijay.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

Dr. Vijay is a homophobe and a weirdly germaphobic. I was not sick and she questioned my sexuality and wore a mask to treat me for anxiety. I was appalled by her. My worst experience in medicine ever!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2011

Great doctor, but we always feel rushed and have had multiple issues over the past two years we have seen her. Trying to run this as a business, but not customer centric, w.r.t. upcoding of billing that someone else mentioned, I can totally see it happening. Too much incorrect business focus.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2011

I agree with a previous review that Dr Vijay has very good bedside manners. She is knowledgeable and very tactful. My family has been under her care for about 4 years now and we all feel comfortable with her.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2011

This Dr reeks of upcoding...be careful of you bill

flag | Submitted May 29, 2011

Dr. VJ is very thorough but she does not believe in chiropractics and will not refer you. She is quick however to refer you to other specialist when needed.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

Dr. Vijay Yalamanchili's Credentials

• Osmania Med Coll, Univ Hlth Sci, Vijayawada, Hyderabad, Ap, India (Grad. 1979)