Dr. Michael A. Jacobs

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs did TKR on my R knee 7/17/2018. Today 38 days later I feel great. I'm done with P.T. and hope to be 100% by week 8. DR. Jacobs is a highly skilled surgeon. He and his staff go about business in a very professional and courteous manner. I plan on him doing my other knee next year.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2018

I'm in agreement with the reviewer about fake reviews and long wait times. Dr. Jacob pressures his patients to leave a 5 star review without even being fully recovered. Don' ask your patients to leave a 5 star review, ask them to give you an honest review. Big difference. The wait times are very long but staff are very friendly. I had knee replacement and still can't do a lot with the knee after a year. I was not happy with my overall experience.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2018

Do yourself a favor, find a different doctor. I THINK A LOT OF THESE REVIEWS ARE TOTALLY FAKE!! First of all, be ready to sit a wait an hour after your scheduled appointment. I was 5 minutes early for my appointment and had all my paperwork completed before I arrived. Still waiting 65 minutes be fore I saw the doctor. Then to make matters worse, he improperly diagnosed my issue. I had bad knee pain and Jacobs tried to tell me I had a back problem and a pulled muscle in my leg. Jacobs ordered me 6 weeks of PT which I ignored. Went to see a different surgeon and he told me that if I had done the PT it would damaged my knee even worse. Ended up having my meniscus repaired by the 2nd doctor an now I am pain free. BE CAREFUL!!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

Everything about the experience was great. I am less than 2 months post op and feel like a new person. He surrounds himself with excellent people as well.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2017

Excellent surgeon. Kind and caring, Due to his expertise my knees are doing well

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Dr. Jacobs performed a total knee replacement. The procedure was completely successful. I received excellent from the initial diagnosis through surgery and followup. I highly recommend Dr. Jacobs and his entire staff/team!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Dr. Jacobs recently performed a hip replacement due to "End Stage Arthritis. I can now walk pain free. Dr. Jacobs & his staff is top-notch. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

I have had both knees replaced by Dr. Jacobs [approx. four months apart] and I could not be happier with my results.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

I am a 70 year old obese woman very out of condition who desperately needed a new knee. Dr. Jacobs was very kind and empathic to my needs. His expertise in his field is legendary among his present and former patients. I would always refer someone to him.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2017

HAD HIP REPLACEMENT RIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS-EMERGENCY-WENT TO SON'S FOR Christmas DAY WITH A WALKER-NEDED ONLY 3 WEEKS OF HOME PT. EASY RECOVERY

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

Dr. Michael A. Jacobs's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

I have been in the practice of orthopedics for 30 years. The only priority in my life has been to do whatever is in the best interest of my patients. That includes non-operative care, surgical procedures and post-operative care. All are equally important. For the entirety of my career I have been part of the faculty of the Johns Hopkins University Department of Orthopedics. That speaks directly to my commitment to excellence and my commitment to teaching. I have also lectured and performed surgery across the globe and specifically in Europe, Asia and South America. That experience has included working with the medical missionary group Operation Walk where we aided the disadvantaged in both Peru and Ecuador. I am fortunate in that I have had the benefit of a fantastic education at the college, medical school and fellowship levels. I am proud that I was elected to the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, the Alpha Omega Alpha Honorary Medical School Society and American Orthopedic Association. I am also very proud of the fact that I am also the Team Orthopedist for the Baltimore Orioles baseball team. On a daily basis I strive to apply what I have learned over the past 30 years to improve the lives of my patients. The recent focus of my practice has been in the area of hip and knee reconstructive surgery. This specifically includes hip replacement, hip resurfacing and knee replacement surgery. During my career I have performed over 7,000 hip and knee replacements including over 1,000 hip resurfacing procedures. I am the area leader in minimally invasive hip replacements done from the direct anterior approach. I have done well over 1,000 cases using that technique on patients of all sizes and with all types of deformities. The direct anterior approach allows patients to be out of bed on the day of surgery and minimizes post-operative pain and post operative complications. Similarly I am equally skilled in the area of knee replacement. All patients receive procedures that are customized for their needs. That may include primary total knee replacement, revision total knee replacement, partial knee replacement or robotic knee replacement with the MAKO technology.

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1979)

• Chief of Orthopedics Good Samaritan Hospital